“Great break, with an expensive sting in the tail”
Review of Newpark Hotel

Newpark Hotel
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
Reviewed January 27, 2013

My husband, five year old daughter, three year old son and I stayed in the hotel for three nights in January. We had a great time, and really enjoyed the pool and easy access to the city. The food in the bar (which we thought would be more relaxed an environment than the restaurant) was divine. However, as we were packing up and getting ready to leave we realised that out spare wheel, worth €300 had been stolen from the back of the car (VW Caravelle). The hotel management had a look through the CCTV footage but couldn't identify the thief. It was a real slap in the face, and in retrospect tainted our otherwise lovely memories of the break.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Mark D, General Manager at Newpark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Dear JoanneM,

Thank you for feedback and for choosing to stay at The Newpark Hotel.

I’m delighted that your overall experience and stay with us was an enjoyable one and I would welcome an opportunity to discuss your comments regarding your departure, at a time convienent to you.

I have listed my contact details below and I look forward to hearing from you.

Mailto:mark.dunne@newparkhotel.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,031)

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Staff are always friendly and willing to help in anyway. Superior rooms are just beautiful. So cosy and clean. Room service is prompt and friendly. Have stayed here a few times and its is consistantly high quality. Twice there were weddings on during my stay and there was a great atmosphere in the hotel

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Mark D, General Manager at Newpark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Dear Dublin_Aoife,

Thank you for wonderful feedback and for choosing to stay at The Newpark Hotel.

I’m delighted that your experience and stay with us was an enjoyable one and that you had an opportunity to enjoy all of the wonderful facilities available to guests here at The Newpark.

Please don’t hesitate in contacting me personally before your next visit to the Newpark Hotel as I would be delighted to personally extend some of the Newpark's renowned hospitality.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

My husband and I along with our two young children stayed for one night on Saturday 19th Jan, 2013 and would highly recommend this hotel. My husband had a meeting in Kilkenny on the Saturday afternoon and we decided to stay at the Newpark based on other Tripadvisor reviews.

We had a nice family room, access to the pool and a delicious dinner in the bar/bistro in the evening. Breakfast was equally as high standard and the staff could not have been more helpful. They were very accommodating of any requests/menu substitutions for the children and were very friendly. We look forward to returning again for a longer stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher numbered room as the 00/01/02 rooms are right by the stairs/lift which I would imag...

Dear eaka2007

Thank you for wonderful feedback and for choosing to stay at The Newpark Hotel.

I’m delighted that your experience and stay with us was an enjoyable one and that you had an opportunity to enjoy all of the wonderful facilities available to families here at The Newpark.

Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Had a superb Christmas break in the Newpark. We opened our bedroom door to find a Christmas tree lit up in our room. What a fabulous touch. Loved it all & such great staff. It's a superb hotel for families but has class, quality & comfort other family hotels don't have. This was our fourth stay & it gets better every time.

• Stayed: December 2012
Mark D, General Manager at Newpark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2013

Dear Rox09

Thank you for continuing to choose the Newpark as your prefferred hotel when visiting Kilkenny city and for your wonderful feedback.

I’m delighted that your experience and stay with us was an enjoyable one and that you especially liked your Chirstmas tree.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for two nites, I thought it was a very nice hotel the staff on the other hand were not very nice. When I checked in and went to my room I was shocked to walk in and find sumone else in it, when I went to sort it out the receptionist was'nt a bit nice. On the day of my departure I settled my bill for room service. A couple of days later I receive a bill from the hotel stating that I ate a few times and that I owed them money which in fact I hadn't even checked in to the hotel on these dates they had billed me for. I rang the hotel and explained and they didnt even hve the decency to appologise. I would under no circumstances stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2013

Dear Kcgw,

Thank you for choosing the Newpark during your recent visit to Kilkenny City.

I’m delighted that overall you enjoyed the facilities available to you here at the hotel. However I was disappointed to read your comments in relation to your stay and billing errors.

I would be delighted to discuss your feedback in persons at a time suitable to you. My contact details are listed below and I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Have just spent 3nts here with my wife,and we were both very pleased with hotel,and staff.They were all very friendly and helpfull,from check in,to bar staff,waitress,and night porters,they could not do enough for us.We stayed in room 333,and it was clean and quite,and the bathroom is quite modern with a fab shower.(no shower caps)but rang reception and they had some sent to our room withen a few min.Would defenitely stay there again if we return to Kilkenny.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark D, General Manager at Newpark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Dear Ballymote,

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Have been visiting this hotel for years and it keeps is standards very high. Great value for money we stayed last week for one night two adults and two children. Room spacious and spotless very well decorated, great sleep beds very comfortable. It was busy with familys like ourselfs but the service was excellent and very warm. Went to the swimming pool after breakfast where the boys had great fun and water was lovely and warm.Breakfast is super with a great selection of hot and cold foods nothing missing in our books. Will be back again.

Dear Pier19,

Thank you for wonderful feedback and for continually choosing to stay at The Newpark Hotel.

I’m delighted that you and your family enjoyed your return stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you on your next stay with us.