“j&m”

Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Kilkenny
Sligo, Ireland
“j&m”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Have just spent 3nts here with my wife,and we were both very pleased with hotel,and staff.They were all very friendly and helpfull,from check in,to bar staff,waitress,and night porters,they could not do enough for us.We stayed in room 333,and it was clean and quite,and the bathroom is quite modern with a fab shower.(no shower caps)but rang reception and they had some sent to our room withen a few min.Would defenitely stay there again if we return to Kilkenny.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark D, General Manager at Newpark Hotel, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear Ballymote,

Thank you for wonderful feedback and for choosing to stay at The Newpark Hotel.

I’m delighted that your experience and stay with us was an enjoyable one and that you had an opportunity to enjoy all of the wonderful facilities available to guests here at The Newpark.

Please don’t hesitate in contacting me personally before your next visit to the Newpark Hotel as I would be delighted to personally extend some of the Newpark's renowned hospitality.

Mailto:mark.dunne@newparkhotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
  • Polish first
Delvin, Ireland
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Have been visiting this hotel for years and it keeps is standards very high. Great value for money we stayed last week for one night two adults and two children. Room spacious and spotless very well decorated, great sleep beds very comfortable. It was busy with familys like ourselfs but the service was excellent and very warm. Went to the swimming pool after breakfast where the boys had great fun and water was lovely and warm.Breakfast is super with a great selection of hot and cold foods nothing missing in our books. Will be back again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Pier19,

Thank you for wonderful feedback and for continually choosing to stay at The Newpark Hotel.

I’m delighted that you and your family enjoyed your return stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you on your next stay with us.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Spent 3 nights with the family - Staff so relaxed and in control. Very helpful and so friendly. GReat facilities. Family room was nice and comfortable and bathroom very swish. Pool good, out door pool very nice indeed. Food v-good and kids club was a real winner. First time my boys went to one - must say the staff made it very welcoming and easy for them both, Nice one. Really enjoyed the three hours break away from them ! Great Value for such a fancy hotel. We will definitely be back there during the summer

Room Tip: Families - go for the room with the sofa. Well worth the extra few euro. When the kids land in on to...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Dermots,

Thank you for wonderful feedback and for choosing The Newpark Hotel for your family break this winter.

I’m delighted that you and your entire family had such an enjoyable stay with us. I have shared your kind comments with the team here at the hotel as I know they are extremely proud to have made your time with us so memorable.

I look forward to hearing from you and hopefully wlecoming you back in summer 2013.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night. Very clean and spacious hotel room. Great breakfast. Ample parking. Wifi was a little slow, but apart from that everything was great. Lovely reception area with a wood fire. Shopping centre 1 minute drive just down the road which was very handy.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Peteandshez,

Thank you for wonderful feedback and for choosing to stay at The Newpark Hotel.

I’m delighted that your experience and stay with us was an enjoyable one and please don’t hesitate in contacting me personally before your next visit to the Newpark Hotel as I would be delighted to personally extend some of the Newpark's renowned hospitality.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed here for a 2 night break over New Year.

Our family superior room was lovely, roomy enough for the 4 of us and the bathroom was lovely, beds were comfy and the room had everything you would need for a short break.

The kids club was great, my children were obsessed with it and begged to go there from when they woke up until when they went to bed!

The pool area and sauna, steam room etc was good, unfortunately a few bits were out of order (plunge pool not working and sauna was only slightly hot) but in general it was very nice.

The staff without exception were excellent, friendly, helpful but not in your face, and lovely with the children.

The food was hit and miss, I had the worst chicken wings I've ever eaten in my life, am not sure how they managed to be overcooked and slimy at the same time! I didn't get a chance to complain about them as they were whisked away while I was distracted by the children - I had only taken 2 bites so was surprised that nobody asked me if there was a problem.

Breakfast was fine, buffet style, mix of hot and cold, the baked goods were very nice and the quality of the hot food was good.

Lunch we had in the bar, it was average hotel bar food I would say. We are not carvery fans but they were doing a big trade with the meat and 2 veg eaters. The kids were happy with the usual pasta, chips and chicken/ sausages etc, so we were happy!

New Years Eve dinner we had in the restaurant, it was average. Again main courses were very much "hotel food", roast beef, chicken, veal, 2 veg, mash, that kind of thing. Kids menu was the same as the bar kids menu, again chips, sausages, spag bol and the like. It was ok, a couple of horrible things (carrot puree not cooked, yorkshire pudding was like a bullet), but the meat was good quality and nicely cooked, and the service was with a smile! It was supposed to be a gala dinner but to me it was just average to poor food. In fairness to the kitchen, they had a huge wedding on the same night and the hotel was jammed so they had a lot on their plate.

I noticed that the cost of alcohol was quite high, coming from Dublin I was still surprised at the price of drink in the hotel bar! For example, a pint bottle of Bulmers was €5.75, its €5 in my local pub in Dublin. That's 15% in the difference!

Overall I'd definitely stay again as it worked out great as a family destination, but I'd probably eat out in some of the excellent restaurants that Kilkenny has next time.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the newer block. The old building looked pretty grotty.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Dublingirl,

Thank you for feedback and for choosing to stay at The Newpark Hotel. Im delighted that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us here at The Newpark.

May I take this opportunity to thank you for your constructive comments as its through such feedback we may continue to improve our guest experience here at the hotel.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

As the the title might suggest, we were lucky to stay here for 3 nights over the NYE weekend. The hotel staff that greeted us from day 1 and checked us out on the last day should be commended. The facilities available at the hotel made it such a relaxing weekend and we will be returning.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Dundalkstevo,

Thank you for taking the time to share your Newpark hotel experience.

I’m delighted that your experience and stay with us was an enjoyable one and I have shared your wonderful feedback with the entire team here at the hotel.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Just returned from 2 nights stay for new year , had family superior room which was ideal was 2 adults and 2 children with super bathroom . Had food in the main bistro bar which was lovely and very enjoyable same with breakfast. Would recommend this hotel for familes and would like to return in the future. Many thanks .

Room Tip: upgrade is well worth the extra money
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Jenniferd,

Thank you for wonderful feedback and for choosing to stay at The Newpark Hotel to celebrate your New Year.