Newpark Hotel
Lyrath Estate(Kilkenny)
$275
$267
Hotels.com
Kilkenny River Court Hotel(Kilkenny)(Great Value!)
$301
$270
Hotel Kilkenny(Kilkenny)
$185
Kilkenny Inn Hotel(Kilkenny)(Great Value!)
$201
Agoda.com
$278
$207
Kilford Arms Hotel(Kilkenny)(Great Value!)
$144
TripAdvisor
Pembroke Kilkenny(Kilkenny)
Agoda.com
2,105 results
All reviewspet farmkids cluboutdoor infinity poolpetting zoofamily hotelleisure centreunderfloor heatinglovely hotelgo kartsfamily breaksuperior roomsteam roomgames roomtop classwalk in showereaster breakboth nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Myself, my husband and our two young girls have recently returned from a 5 day package stay with the Newpark Hotel. We have stayed here on a few vacations previously. As an appreciation of this the hotel gave us a double upgrade to an Executive room on the 4th floor. This room has a balcony which is great as during summertime hotel rooms can be very warm. It was lovely and spacious, air conditioned, large double and two single beds, plenty of storage, modern bathroom, mini fridge and safe. Marita who works at reception is a very good asset to the hotel and left a welcome note in our room on arrival together with a bottle of wine and four bottles of water. She made sure everything was to our liking throughout our stay and it is nice to be appreciated and she deserves special mentioning as do all of the staff in the hotel. They are all equally courteous and helpful and dressed immaculately and not afraid to work hard. You can tell that there is good Management team in this hotel. The food is excellent and an abundance of choice for breakfast and just ask for any special needs and you will be looked after. The hotel was full of residents during our stay and it is suitable for all age groups. Our package included two evening meals in the restaurant and both times it was delicious. Jacqui in the restaurant is a lovely lady who is there in years and is great with kids.There was a wedding on in the hotel on one of the evenings we dined but even though they were under pressure the restaurant ran like clockwork and all staff were very efficient and nice. We dined in the bar on another evening and it was also delicious and not overly pricey. Our package included free admission for the kids to Gowran Reptile Zoo, a two night room only stay for two people to return to any of the four Flynn Hotels from Sept to Dec 2012, a €25 spa voucher (when you spend I think €65). There also was a voucher for a hour long pony trekking for two kids at nearby Warrington Equestrian Centre. This is run by the Maloney family and because the weather that morning was so bad they held the trekking within the indoor arena. The staff here are most obliging and made sure the kids were safe and enjoyed it and deserve a mention. We done this for the first time ever on our last visit and the kids loved it so much we returned to it. Our little six year old got to ride the same little pony she fell in love with the last time "Mini Cooper" so nice memorable experience for her. The hotel give you a lovely picnic basket to take with you on your trekking trip so when you have arranged your trekking time with the centre just notify reception and they will have picnic basket ready for you to take with you. The leisure centre is still highly maintained with large pool, kiddies pool, steam room, jacuzzi and sauna. Also the large outdoor infinity pool is a must. It was a little underheated on some mornings and the ceiling paintwork over the indoor jacuzzi just needs touching up but these are only minor issues that can easily be rectified. The lobby is tastefully decorated and has numerous sofas where you can relax in the evening time and even though there is lots of families around kids are always well behave and it is never mayhem. There is a supervised playroom upstairs and also an unsupervised games room for older kids. All in all this is a very nice hotel for a vacation, very convenient for travelling around and we throughly enjoyed our stay and I would have no problem recommending it to anyone. Well done to everyone at The Newpark and keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Executive room is well worth it as balcony is nice addition and room air conditioned
2  Thank Magunya
Mark D, General Manager at Newpark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2012

Dear Joan D,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at The Newpark Hotel Kilkenny.

I’m delighted that you and your family had such an enjoyable and memorable stay with us. I have shared your comments with Marita and the entire team here in The Hotel and we are all extremely proud to have made your summer vacation such a memorable one. The Newpark strives to deliver you only the very best experience in our Hotel and our Escape Health club & Spa on a daily basis and I'm delighted you had the opportunity to experience and enjoy everything our partners in Kilkenny have to offer also.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Newpark in the near future.

Kind regards

Castlecomer road

Reviewed August 15, 2012

I have been working in Ireland for 2 months and have stayed at the Newpark for all of that time. The friendly and relaxed atmosphere has made my whole time away from home ( NZ ) a breeze. The friendly service in the Bar, by Kate and her team is second to none and Elaine always gives a warming smile at breakfast. Several of my colleagues from New Zealand have also stayed for a few days and they also enjoyed the Hotel. If ( when ) we are lucky enough to get more work in Ireland , we will definetley be staying at the Newpark.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent, but with the sun shinning in the large windows, the rooms at the back of the hotel are cooler
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Mark D, General Manager at Newpark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2012

Dear Mark,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here in The Newpark during your recent stay in Kilkenny.

I’m delighted that you we made your stay such a comfortable one and that your enjoyed your stay with us. I have shared your comments with Katie, Elaine and the entire team here at the hotel as they are all extremely proud to have made your time with us so enjoyable.

Thank again for sharing your experience and also for recommending us to your colleagues.

Please don’t hesitate in contacting me or any member of our team if we can be of any assistance to you again in the future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed August 15, 2012

Hi all, My wife and I and our 2 Kids (5,12) are just back from 2 night in the New Park Hotel, Kilkenny, what can i say this is the second time we have been here in the last three years and its fantastic. The staff are very friendly, the hotel is spotless, the facilities are great with a small playground, small football pitch with a new mini farm added, the kids club between 7 and half 10 is a great addition also. Our 5 year old had a great time there with a movie night and cookies and milk. For adults only the pool is open between 7 and 9 in the morning and 7 and 9 at night kids can go any other time. Its also about 15 mins walk outside kilkenny so your away from all the hustle and bustle but close enough to walk in for a bite to eat or some shopping. Not sure about previous review with regard to room size as our room was huge with 2 single beds and a double bed or kids pool my 5 year old could stand and play in it without armbands - no problem there. Would recommend this to anyone looking for a relaxing family holiday. The staff are very relaxed with the children around especially in the lobby at night and you can relax with a beer while the kids colour or play there own games without worry of being told off. It reminds me alot of being away and has a similar holiday atmosphere, unlike most hotels in ireland. Also there is plenty to do nearby, Dunmore caves, Castlecomer Heritage Park, Kilkenny Castle, There a Reptile zoo also nearbye which the staff will direct you to. All in all a fantastic place with plenty to do in a very friendly atmosphere. If your thinking of going "GO"

Room Tip: 2 single beds and 1 double bed ample room for a family of 4
1  Thank stephen h

Dear Stephen h,

Thank you for sharing your Newpark hotel experience.

I’m delighted that you returned to stay with us again and that we have continued to deliver the service you have come to expect from The Newpark. As you mentioned we have enhanced our facilities for families and I’m delighted that you and your family had the opportunity to explore everything the Newpark has to offer.

Please don’t hesitate in contacting me directly if I may be of any assistance.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Stayed here with my 3 kids and was a bit disappointed. The rooms are quiet dated, plus the size of room was small for 5 of us. I was really disappointed with the kids pool, it was so deep. def not a kids. like the idea of the Farm, nice touch. Pity it is so far from playground. Would be nice if you put some benches or chairs beside play area with parents could sit and watch kids. I also was disappointed with the Camp upstair, They def need to get more toys and equipment to keep kids entertained. One thing I must say is the staff were very friendly and helpful. Food was very nice we had breakfast and dinner. it was nice but i expected more of a 4star.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Mark D, General Manager at Newpark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

Dear Flower068,

Thank you for comments and for sharing your experience based on your recent stay with us. While I’m delighted to read an overall large number of positives highlighted in your feedback I am extremely disappointed that you have rated your stay with us lower and that we did not meet your expectations.

As member of The Flynn Hotel group we are committed daily to delivering only the very highest in service and product to each guest on a daily basis. The Hotel is continually maintained to ensure our product is above four star standard and we have just completed a full refurbishment of all of our classic bedrooms in the spring of 2012 and our in-house maintenance team work daily to ensure every guestroom is maintained to the standard you expect.

Our Crazy cats kids club is an activity based club where our leaders our tasked with following a programme of activities to ensure we are engaging with our younger guests and for that reason we aim to ensure they enjoy there time in the club through meeting new friends and learning.

I would like to thank you for your constructive feedback and I assure we will review each of your points made and I would also welcome an opportunity to discuss your feedback personally at a time convenient to you and I have listed my contact details below.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us here at The Newpark.

Kind regards,

Reviewed August 14, 2012

We have just spent a fabulos W/E in the Newpark Hotel.
THis was a large family gathering of 9 adults and 9 children (3 - 16) so we had every age covered... but so did the Newpark!

The petting zoo was very popular with the smaller kids. Everybody LOVED the pool and the older children/Mums loved the spa. The saff were fantastic. The food,terrific. Really a fabulous hotel. It's just a short walk from the lovely town of Kilkenny too.
If you're touring Irelnd, iclude the Newpark.

Dear SuzanneH,

Thank you for sharing such positive comments on your experience here with us in The Newpark and I’m delighted that we truly delivered on your expectations.

As a member of The Flynn Hotel group our mission statement begins with ''Let our family look after yours'' and we aim to deliver only the highest in service and product on a daily basis. I’m delighted that you and your entire family enjoyed your stay with us and that our newly opened wildlife farm was such a huge hit with the younger members of your family.

I have shared your feedback with each member of the Newpark hotel team and our Escape Health Club and Spa as they are all extremely proud to receive such wonderful comments regarding your stay.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us here at The Newpark and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to in the future and personally extending some of the Newpark’s renowned hospitality.

Kind regards,