Pembroke Kilkenny(Kilkenny)
$264
$180
$127
Agoda.com
Kilford Arms Hotel(Kilkenny)(Great Value!)
$79
$66
Orbitz.com
$67
$60
1,797 results
All reviewsormond hotelleisure centrecar parkcentral locationthe heart of the citylovely hotelsaturday nightbars and restaurantslast weekendkids clubenjoyable staychecking outbar foodwould highly recommend this hotelfamily roomgreat weekendafternoon tea
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 7, 2010

Travelled to kIlkenny for a badly needed break. The room we received on arrival was over the kitchen extractors. The heat was unbelievable.No air conditioning which I had presumed should be standard in a 4 star hotel. Requested a fan at 5pm . Rang again the next morning at 7am and finally received it at 7.30 am. The shower had one heat setting somewhere near boiling point. The staff were nice and did their best. I requested a room change and we were moved down the hall to a marginally cooler room over the street. Our 3 days away were not the laid back relaxing break we had expected. Very disappointed.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
colinahern, General Manager at Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2010

Dear ClaregirlClare,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.

I was very disappointed to hear of your experience, as the least you can expect from a hotel such as ours is a relaxing break. May I take this opportunity to apologise profusely to you and assure you that I have made our management team aware of your review.

If you are in Kilkenny in the future I would be delighted if you would contact me personally so that I may have the opportunity to make up for any inconvenience and show you every courtesy.

Yours in Service,

Reviewed August 5, 2010

had booked 2 nights B&B 1D & spa treatments here. Spa very nice staff professional. Arrived at hotel room not ready fair enough - told by women on reception that she would ring when the room was ready.1 request was for non smoking room!3 hours later & 3/4 trips back to reception we got allocated a twin room - smoking room. Went back to reception to get another room but non available.Due to medical complaint we couldnt stay in room.Moved to hotel kilkenny for night - had to tranfer back to ormonde the next morning such messing for a night. Try to deal with the guys on reception at least they are professional in their dealings

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JamikGalway

Dear JamikGalway,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.com.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the way in which your reservation was handled. I am aware that you spoke with our Front Office Manager on arrival and he explained that we had no other room available for you on that evening.

It was certainly not ideal having to travel between two hotels and I appreciate your understanding in this matter. I at least take comfort in the fact that you enjoyed the Spa experience.

I hope that you could see fit to return as I would be delighted to have the opportunity to make up to you for any inconvenience caused. Please conatct me personally if you are so that I can extend you every courtesy.

Reviewed August 4, 2010

Welcome to the inhospitality industry. Unhelpful staff (what few of them there were). Budget hotel like rooms (and that's being generous). Woeful service. Woeful, woeful, woeful.
If you just need the basics and are on the rip for the weekend (and have plenty of money to waste) stay here. Otherwise a wide berth is recommended.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear SeriousJuice,

I was really disappointed to read your review on Tripadvisor.com.

It appears that we got alot wrong with your stay and I apologise profusely for that. I have made all of the team aware of your comments and we will use them as a wake up call to us all here.

Reviewed August 4, 2010

From the minute we checked in the weekend was perfect.... met a lovely guy on reception who gave us a really nice room because we mentioned we hadn't a night away in ages (kids!!!). All the staff were very friendly. Room was fab The hotel was so central it was brilliant... 2 minutes from shops pubs etc.No need for a taxi anywhere Couldn't recommend the place enough and hope to be back there again soon.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear Sasha088,

I am deligheted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and everything that this wonderful city has to offer.

Thank you for posting your thoughts on Tripadvisor and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Ormonde Hotel once again so that we can extend you every courtesy.

Yours in Service,

Reviewed July 30, 2010

Recently stayed in the Kilkenny Ormonde hotel with my husband & daughter who is just under 3yrs - stayed for 3 nights
The staff were all very friendly & we got checked in quickly - parking in the multi storey across the street which was free of charge,,, Room was good size (double & single bed) fridge in room was useless when we turned it on it stayed warm & in fact the running of it heated the room more,, NO AIR CON which we were very surpised at for a 4star hotel. Food was lovely. The Kids club is GREAT, it was our first time using one & have to say the ladies have set a very high bar for any furture clubs we may use , they had arts & crafts, DVDs & Bouncy castle what more could a child wish for.
Location is great & staff gave some great suggestions for places to visit etc.

I used the spa attached to the hotel for a hot stone massage & facial (hot stone massage did not for some reason include actual hot stones but hand temperture stones) Facial was lovely. The room in which got changed into robe had NO working lights & when went to say to girl at reception no one was there so just picked up one of the candles from the hall way & used that so could get changed. Stayed in the hotel for 3 nights & was only able to get booking in the spa on the morning we checked out (which I actually had booked the week before staying in the hotel) Very difficult to even get through to speak to anyone in the spa section Really dont think would use the spa again if ever stayed in the hotel again : (

Goods points:- location - Great kids club - lovely food - friendly & helpful staff

Bad points :- Not really enough staff to go around - NO AIR CON - Spa not up to scratch - No section in the pool which was suitable for non swimming child as all sections too deep

Not really a 4 star standard but 3 star :(

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
colinahern, General Manager at Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2010

Dear mummy-to-a-princess,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post your review of our hotel on tripadvisor.com.

Firstly, starting with the good points, I'm delighted that your children enjoyed our Kids Club. We recently introduced a new Failte Ireland driven customer care programme in the Ormonde, and I'm pleased that your experience was positive in that regard.

I was, however, disappointed to hear of your experience in the Spa and I assure you that I have spoken about your comments with the team. The reason for the lights being out was, unfortunately, outside of our control and this issue has since been resolved.

I hope that the positive aspects of your stay with us outweighed the negative and that you will return again in the near future as I would be delighted to extend you every courtesy.

Kind Regards,