“Great value modern hotel with significant pool and fitness facilities”

Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
Reviewed August 6, 2014

The hotel was a haven of tranquility in the heart of bustling Kilkenny. Go expecting 4 star facilities and you may be a bit disappointed but it is clean with large rooms and access to an excellent pool (21m) and fitness facilities. The breakfast room is a bit cramped and can get busy but the quality and quantity of the breakfast food was fine.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
colinahern, General Manager at Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2014

Dear JillLyon,

I'm really glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, in general, although I don note your comment about our facilities and I apologise if they took from your stay in any way.

Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (1,766)

Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Loved KK and loved the ormond hotel. Booked a family room but had this upgraded to two rooms when there was a problem with extra bed. Accommodation manager Shan Dunne really took charge and sorted problem. Everything else in hotel was super incl leisure centre.

Stayed: July 2014

Dear Ray230162,

I'm delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to sort out any issue that arose. Thank you for the recommendation.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

If you are looking for a hotel in the heart of Kilkenny with little street noise and all the amenities, then this is the place for you. We had a very large room for the three of us with three beds, armoire, dressing tables and desk. The bathroom was very modern. There are two restaurants, a magnificent fitness center with a lap pool, and a spa. The only reason why I didn't rate this a "5" is because they don't have air conditioning and it was very warm during our stay--unusual for this area.

Room Tip: If during a warm time of year, I would recommend a lower floor which is cooler.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Dear audthad,

I'm really glad that you enjoyed your stay and in particular our great location in this fantastic City. I hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

Myself and my partner stayed here yesterday night, we were greeted by a lovely receptionist whose name I cannot remember unfortunately. I had rang earlier in the week to require an earlier check in as my partner was travelling a few hours to get here, we were very appreciative to get into our room two hours before normal check in time.

The rooms were lovely, clean and cosy. After our night out we were greeted by a lovely security guard in the reception area upon our return. The fan was a welcome addition in the room. We had a great, quiet nights sleep and will definetly return in future.

The only con we have is breakfast ends far too early at 10am so we did not have our breakfast in the hotel but had it elsewhere. There also wasn't enough tea bags, sugar and milk for two people.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Vanessa B,

I'm delighted that you and an enjoyable stay, in general, although I do note your comment about breakfast and I apologise if it took from you stay in any way.

Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for two nights at the Kilkenny Ormonde.
Room was great size with a king size and single bed when we booked a double. Large bathroom.
We booked two nights with breakfast both mornings and one dinner.
Only downside is that the breakfast is pretty average. We were looking forward to the breakfast to be left disappointed and were worries how the dinner would be. However dinner was 100 times better.

Staff are all very friendly there was a large wedding happening on the night of our dinner on being asked if we want to be a little later for dinner it would be helpful. Which was fine as we had a beer in the bar. We would return.

Stayed: August 2014

Dear jamieh_8,

I'm really glad that you enjoyed your recent stay in the Ormonde, however, I do note your comment about breakfast and I apologise if it took from your stay in any way.

Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Very nice hotel. Room clean and decorated nicely. Pleasant shampoo and lotion. Includes iron, hair dryer, and coffee and tea. Stayed here as part of a Gate 1 Tour. Required to write 200 characters....

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Denise B,

Thank you for your kind review and I hope you get an opportunity to visit Kilkenny and the Ormonde again in the future.

Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night and we were petty happy with it.

Pros: great location, bar stays open late, friendly staff, parking is close and 5 euros a day.

Cons: older facilities, bed not very comfortable.

Things that surprised us: the lobby was always crazy busy, requirement to wear swim cap in pool, no air conditioning, we stayed out late and were greated by security and required to give our last name before being let in.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Nicole B,

I'm delighted that you enjoyed your recent visit to Kilkenny, however, I note your comments about the bedding and I apologise if it took from your stay with us in any way.