“Fantastic stay!”

Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I recently stayed in this hotel on a girlie getaway package. The hotel has a great location close to all the shops and bars. Our room was very spacious and clean. The afternoon tea here is amust! I can honestly say that from the time we arrived in the hotel to the time we left all the staff we spoke to in either the hotel or the spa were very helpful and friendly. I would definitely recommend this hotel as it is great value for money and more importantly very welcoming and I hope to return in the future.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
ColinRAhern, General Manager at Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Dear Anne-Marie W,

Thank you for the very kind review. I'm delighted that you and your friends enjoyed your recent stay with us and especially the afternoon tea.

I hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Don't mix up Ormonde Street and Ormonde Road like I did... I spend 20 minutes looking for this hotel and then I realised my mistake. This hotel's location is better than I thought! It's fantastic! Only a couple minutes from the castle and the main shopping area. Everything's just behind the corner. The lobby looked really classy, loved the atmosphere there. The room was big and the bathroom had a tube which was lovely. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
ColinRAhern, General Manager at Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Dear moansan,

I'm really glad that you enjoyed your stay with us on your recent visit to Kilkenny. Thank you for the lovely review and I hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back to the Ormonde Hotel and Kilkenny again.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Having just returned from a fantastic weekend at the Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel I felt I had to write a review complimenting the excellent level of service and also the quality of the food provided by this hotel. Our room was spotless and extremely spacious which left us feeling very relaxed and rested after our weekend away. We will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: We had a large room which had plenty of space and could easily have accommodated a family of four/fi...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Caroline O
ColinRAhern, General Manager at Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2014

Dear Caroline O,

Thank you for your lovely review. I'm delighted that you returned and enjoyed your stay with us. I hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

Couple of weeks ago I stayed with my family in Ormonde Hotel for couple of days. Location is great, in the middle of the city centre. Reception was very nice, friendly.
Rooms are big enough, clean, everything what you need.
We had two diners in the restaurant which were great. Food was nothing extraordinary, but service was perfect. The guy was very attentive, had nice chat with him about wines. I am working in the hotel business as well, and it was nice to talk to a waiter who knows his product. I think his name was Michael / thank you.
I had one small issue but was dealt perfect by lady senior manager - Sinead.
You can always see her everywhere.
We will come back soon and will recommend this hotel to all my friends.

Stayed: February 2014

Dear Anya1298,

Thank you for your very Kind review of our Hotel. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will certainly pass on your kind words to Sinead and Michael.

I hope to welcome you back soon to the Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel.

Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

Not the cleanest of hotel rooms great location but there's loads of hotels around... Staff are very nice especially reception lady and night porter but nothing special about this hotel and much better value for money around!

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Kaikai5,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our Hotel on Tripadvisor. Whilst i'm glad that you enjoyed certain aspects of your stay with us, I'm disappointed to read that your stay was not a memorable one. I have taken all your comments on board and I apologise profusely if they took from your stay in Kilkenny.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Stayed here in February for a short family break, parents and three children. Staff very helpful, rooms clean and spacious. Overall good value for money. Kids enjoyed swimming pool. Would stay there again when visiting Kilkenny.

Room Tip: We had an interconnecting room which worked out well for us

Dear 186621Pkaye,

I'm really glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us last month and I hope to welcome you all back again soon.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

We had a brilliant time here. Rooms were warm and nicely furnished.Excellent kids club with plenty of kids activities to keep them entertained and our kids enjoyed it. Food was really good in the bar and the breakfast was very nice. Lot of choice incl hot buffet.
Great hotel and it is very central, right opposite the Kilkenny Castle. Would not hesitate to use this hotel again.

Dear monami2006,

Thank you for the great review and your recommendation. I'm delighted that the children enjoyed the Kids Club and I hope to welcome you back again in the future.