“Another Great Stay”

Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
“Another Great Stay”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Back at the Ormonde again stayed some 2/3 years ago and things are still as good as they were then ... Rooms great, big plenty of room for us all , spotless clean. Breakfast lovely kids well catered for ... Dinner good food excellent service a little slow but lovely staff everywhere . We will be back again .

• Stayed May 2013
Cra238, General Manager at Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Martha44445,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our Hotel. I'm really glad that you enjoyed your stay in general, although i do note your comment about dinner service and I apologise if it took from your stay in any way.

Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
Ireland
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Beautiful hotel, fabulous location. Lovely room, bright and airy, no aircon but a fan provided which was great. The hotel was very busy. We had dinner there and it was also very busy in the restaurant but I could not fault the service and the quality of all the food was excellent. A good breakfast also. Pleasant staff and very obliging. Returning for sure. Paying for parking is not something I like to do but it was a minimal charge and the multistorey carpark is right beside the hotel.

Dear tipper72,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel on Tripadvisor.com.

I'm delighted that you and your friends enjoyed your stay and I hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Killarney, Ireland
Reviewed May 27, 2013

My wife and I and our son stayed at this hotel on the 18th & 19th May 2013. We found the staff throughout the hotel very friendly & helpful and in particular the staff in the bar who looked after the needs of our young son and ourselves exceptionally well. We got loads of information regarding the hotel and the local area from reception and again from all the staff. We had breakfast each morning and had plenty of choices to keep us happy. We also ate in the bar on a couple of occasions and enjoyed the experience very much. The parking was adjacent to the hotel and offered secure parking at a very reasonable rate. We also used the leisure facilities which is a bonus in any city center hotel. Our bedroom was well appointed with plenty of space for all the family. The location of this property is exceptional in its city centre loaction. We are looking forward our next visit the Ormonde Hotel

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Derek O,

Many thanks for your kind review. I'm delighted that you all enjoyed your recent trip to Kilkenny and I hope to get the opportunity to welcome you all back again soon.

Kind Regards,

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Stayed there for one Saturday night. Room was nice, no air-conditioning, had to open windows, was not prepared for the racket on the streets. Window was small, so the room was quite dark. I didnt notice a fridge in the room and no complimentary water. Waited a while in dining room to be seated, a few staff passed in and out beside us, one staff member did apologise and said she'd be back in a minute. Poor breakfast, well if we got a breakfast, I should say. Nothing in the cooked area for vegetarians, so we ordered fried eggs. But they never came, so finished up with bread and cheese and lots of tea, served by a very loud mouthed waiter. Do you want more tea every few minutes at the top of his voice. I knew the eggs were taking a while as people in the next table waited a long time. so I felt sure they'd arrive eventuality. But sadly no. I did tell the man at the dining room door. When I told him to tell reception, he said 'no problem' but no apology. Saturday night, we waited fifteen minutes standing at the bar for a drink, as they had no clean glasses. Bar man came out from behind the counter with a wire container full of dirty glasses, we all had to move to make room for him he plonked them on the counter where we stood waiting to be served. Poor all around.

Dear joan6186605,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to give us your feedback. I am always delighted to receive comments from our customers, complimentary or otherwise, as it is only by our guests letting us know their views, that we can maintain our high standards.

It is very important to me that our guests have a good experience throughout the entire hotel and I cannot offer any excuses to you if we failed, in any way, at what I believe we do best. The least you should expect from a hotel such as ours is to have a good quality breakfast served in a professional and efficient manner and I am sorry that this was not the case. May I take this opportunity to apologise profusely for any upset or inconvenience we may have caused you and I assure you that it is certainly not the norm here. I have spoken in length with my team here and although, it may be of little comfort to you now, I am certain that no future guest will have to experience such a poor standards of service.

Finally, I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experiences with you personally and should you feel it appropriate to speak with me directly I can be contacted at the Hotel or colin@kilkennyormonde.com.

Assuring you of my personal service at all times,

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Myself and my wife were married in the Ormonde in 2011 and we have been back twice a year since then. We always have a wonderful time and find the staff go out of their way to make the experience as special as our wedding day. We travelled down with our 10 week old son this time and although this was a different experience, it was equally enjoyable as the Ormonde really caters for families. As usual we were able to park the car in the car park on the first day and left it there for 2 days without having to use it as the hotel is so central. Will definitely be back again as we have nothing but good memories.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kevin M
Cra238, General Manager at Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Dear Kevin M,

Thank you for your lovely review. It was great to welcome you and your family back and I hope to meet with you personally next time.

Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 21, 2013

A hotel in the centre of Kilkenny close to many shops, bars and restaurants. The location is very good. The staff reception and bar staff are efficient and friendly. The room was clean and the staff attending to the rooms do a good job. The wi fi is excellent.

However, the breakfast buffet was poor. The bacon was tough overcooked and almost impossible to chew, the sausages are tastless, the scrambled egg was soggy and the potato bread was like eating doagh. There is a limited alternative cheese/ham/bread choice.

The rooms have no air conditioning and no room safe. The room was very warm in the evening and the bed only has one heavy cover with no separate sheets.

Also, the hotel charge for the car park opposite. If you are staying in this hotel the car park should be free for the duration of the stay.

1 Thank ALreporting
Dear ALreporting,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.com. Whilst I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay, in general, I do note your comment about breakfast. May I take this opportunity to apologise for any inconvenience and assure you that it is certainly not the normal comment we get, as you will see from our previous reviews.

I hope that you get an opportunity to return so that I can meet with you personally and show you very courtesy.

Ireland
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Attended a wedding which was very good, food was lovely as was the service. Was disappointed in our room, as I knew we would not be in the room for long due to wedding celebrations I did not go to reception re room. so my advice to you if staying in this hotel is check out your room first. Our room was small and looked out onto all pipes and air conduction system. Did go into my friends room which was bright and spacious.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear livelife29,

Whilst I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and the wedding, i'm disappointed that you didn't enjoy your guestroom. I appreciate the review and should you return to Kilkenny don't hesitate ti contact me personally as I would be delighted to show you every courtesy.

Kind Regards,