“Great Location”

Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Kilkenny
Tucson, Arizona
“Great Location”
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Larger then standard room. Had a double and 2 twin beds. Very clean. Nice size bathroom with shower/tub. Good water pressure. No A/C. Computer available for pay. (1Euro/10min) Buffet set-up for breakfast. Can walk to castle and St Canice. Shopping around the corner. Car park across the street for 5E a day if staying at Hotel.

Room Tip: Street side room is noisy from traffic and pub
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank AZreader
, General Manager at Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel, responded to this review, June 30, 2012
Dear AZreader,

Thank you for your detailed review and I'm really glad that you enjoyed your recent stay in Kilkenny.

Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
Dublin
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Centrally located, helpful friendly staff. Stayed at the same time of a big wedding yet wouldn't have known with the professionalism of the staff.
Booked on a deal website so received a better rate than directly with the hotel so shop around.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Molliec22,

Thank you for your great review and i'm delighted that you got a good rate on this occasion.

I look forward to your return.

Bordeaux, France & Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed June 6, 2012

I recently stayed here for the Kilkenny Cats Laughs Festival (2nd June). There was a nice atmosphere due to it. I was meant to stay with 4 friends in a room, however in the end there was just 3 of us.
I drove to the hotel and it was easy to find. It was unclear where to park the car, but it turned out it needed to be parked in the public car park next to the hotel.

Check in was quick. The room was very big and spacious. However it had a stuffy feel to it. We kept the windows opened the whole time and used the fan inside the room to distribute air around the room. As the room was very large, the twin beds next to the window got air, but the double bed I slept in, in the corner didn't get as much air. However the set up with the fan worked (apart from my friend feeling cold during the night because of the open window and the noise from people coming out of the nightclubs outside kept her awake).

The bedroom/bathroom decor had an early 2000's feel to it. It was clean, thou maybe the carpets etc could be replaced with wooden floors to give a more airy feel (maybe this would help give it a more fresh feel). Thou it was not too outdated.

There was tea/coffee/kettle/cups/biscuits in the room. The reception/pub were nice. I must say that being vegetarian, I was a little disappointed with the hot breakfast choices. I just had tomato and scrambled egg. I would have ordered a fried egg but my friends had finished their breakfast. There could have been mushrooms/beans or some other hot vegetarian breakfast options (I do not eat fish, but that was an option that could be ordered). There was natural yogurt, but it would have been nice to have had some other selections.

I went to the swimming pool (21m long) and sauna/steamroom. It was very nice to relax.

Overall I really enjoyed my stay here and I think it is one of the best options in Kilkenny. However the rooms could do with an update soon/made more fresh and airy. It is not an outstanding hotel, but it was to a nice standard. I think it was abit overpriced for the condition of the hotel, but if the rooms were cheaper I would have been much happier.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Magnetic_Travels,

Thank you for your detailed review of our Hotel on Tripadvisor. Whilst I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay, in general, I do note your comments and I apologise profusely if they took from your stay in any way.

I hope that you can see fit to return and I hope to meet you personally on that occasion.

Annapolis, MD
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Stayed here for a night with a tour group. Great location in a small town so everything was close by. Great pub atmospheres and the locals were very welcoming. My room was fine, but others complained of it being too warm. Would stay there again

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear awaylgo6,

Thank you for your review of our Hotel. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay and made full use of our City Centre location.

London
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Stayed in hotel for the "cats laugh" lovely stay. Could not fault anything, was impressed to see the hotel manager walking around making sure everything was running smoothly and looking perfect. Rooms are big and airy. Will be returning next year and advising other friends to stay there.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Janine T,

Thank you for your very kind review. We are delighted that you enjoyed the wonderful Cat Laughs festival and we look forward to your return next year.

Dublin
Reviewed May 31, 2012

My friend and I stayed here for 3 nights on the hottest weekend of the year! The hotel is the perfect location, a short walk to the castle and shops. The town really comes alive at night time. Walk 2 minutes to the first bar and begin your night! The hotel is comfortable but needs a bit of tlc. Our room was way too warm and the shower door was broken. The leisure centre is a must for the morning after! Kilkenny we will be back

Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Dear VickiFitzsimons,

Thank you for your review of our Hotel on Tripadvisor. We are delighted that you had such a good time staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Meath
Reviewed May 30, 2012

As return visitors to The Ormonde we knew what to expect from this lovely 4 star hotel:
1) lovely food
2) relaxed environment
3) great pool for juniors and seniors alike
4) great location in the heart of the city
5) easily the friendliest, most caring staff in any hotel we have visited lately

The staff were of great help to us when we had a mini-crisis ( lost our car keys) they went above and beyond the call of duty to assist us, I can't speak highly enough of them and would encourage any potential visitors to Kilkenny to stay at The Ormonde

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank FawltyAdder
Dear FawltyAdder,

I'm really glad that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to help you with your car troubles.

Thank you for your very positive review.