“Fab stay”

Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
Reviewed September 29, 2011

Booked in for 2 nights - lovely feel on entering the hotel. Room was spacious and very clean. Hotel central to everything - left bank bar across the road - main shopping street around the corner. Fine big pool, jacuzzi and gym (not used;-).......Beautiful restaurant...very tasty food.Lovely reception area to sit down for after dinner drinks. Spa well laid out - staff very friendly and professional....facial and back massage - didn't want to go home after it - nice relaxation rooms to avail of and no pressure to leave!! Will definitely be back to see more of kilkenny city and surroundings and time to spend in the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank orla993
colinahern, General Manager at Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2011

Dear orla993,

Thank you for posting your review of our hotel on Tripadvisor.

I'm really glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back once again in the near future.

Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (1,779)

Reviewed September 27, 2011

I would highly recommend this hotel to all my family and friends. It is in the center of the city but in a quiet street just off the main street so we both enjoyed a good nights sleep. The staff were very helpful and pleasant. The room was spacious and very clean. Breakfast was plentiful and had a wide variety of food to cater for all needs. In some reports I read the leisure facilities were across the road and I have to admit I was a little disappointed but in fact they are linked by a corridor under the street so you never have to leave the hotel. Overall a very pleasant stay and I would definitely return.

Dear AnnsAdvice,

Thank you for your detailed review of our Hotel. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay and got to use our great leisure facilities.

I hope to welcome you back to the Ormonde soon.

Reviewed September 23, 2011

Only stayed one night but had a fantastic nights sleep in such a comfy bed and gorgeous room.

Dear John191,

Thank you for your review of our Hotel on Tripadvisor.com.

It was great to read that you had a good nights sleep, as thats what were here to do!

I hope that you return to us on your next visit to Ireland.

Reviewed September 22, 2011

We stayed two nights.As much as I liked the central location I don't think it was a 100% value for money. It is a noce hotel bit we were dosappointed with the room.It was very dark and didn't seem to reflect the standard of the hotel

Location is really convenient.It's only few minutes away from the castle.

• Stayed: September 2011

Dear Srubka,

Thank you for posting your review of our Hotel on Tripadvisor.com.

Whilst I'm disappointed that you were not entirely happy, I appreciate that you took the time to point out the positves aswell.

We have a vast number of rooms of different styles and sizes and I would be happy to consider this should you decide to return. Please contact me persoanlly, if you wish to do so, so that I can extend you every courtesy.

Reviewed September 21, 2011

Kilkenny remains a nice place to visit and this was my first to the Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel - I hope that it will not be my last.
The hotel lounge was buzzing with interesting people all apparently enjoying themselves and that gave rise to an atmosphere of vibrance which carried through into most other aspects of the hotel.
The rooms, (we used three), were all good, well appointed, and with good internet connectivity.
The hotel is within a minute or two's walk of the Town centre and its only issue is the slight inconvenience of car parking in a multistorey park - but that is just across the road so very easy to get to.
The best hotel we have stayed in in Kilkenny.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Dear BritChamberman,

Thank you so much for posting your detailed review of our Hotel on Tripadvisor.com

I'm really glad that you enjoyed your stay and got full use of our great location.

I hope to welcome you back to the Ormonde once again in the near future.

Reviewed September 20, 2011

We spent one night in the Ormonde Hotel. We got a free upgrade which meant a queen bed and a single bed. The room was very large for a British/European-type hotel. The bathroom was spacious and very modern. Everything was clean and the staff very helpful. Good hot showers. Would definitely stay there again! Also great location for pubs, restaurant, shopping.

Room Tip: Always call ahead a day or two ahead to confirm your room. At that time, ask of a chance of an upgra...

Dear ConBakDoug,

Thank you for posting your review of our Hotel on Tripadvisor.com. I'm really glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and got the full value of our City Centre location. With regard to your room, it never hurts to ask!

Reviewed September 19, 2011

Had a great time in The Ormond Hotel In Kilkenny. Staff are very helpfull and friendly. Rooms are very nice, kept very well and very clean and plenty of towels. Their was a double bed and a single bed in out room so no bother sleeping. The Ormond is very well located in the centre of kilkenny so you have all yourto sight seeing and shopping right on your doorstep. Breakfast in the hotel was excellent and again plenty of staff on hand to help you with any of your needs. The Hotel is well worth a visit.

Dear ElaineC13,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location to your liking. Thank you for posting your review of our Hotel and I hope to welcome you back to the Ormonde in the not to distant future.