“Great Weekend at the Ormonde”

Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
Reviewed September 6, 2011

We stayed at the Ormonde last weekend and we had a great stay overall.
The staff at this hotel are lovely and very helpful. We had a lovely girl greet us at reception as we checked in and also as we checked out.
The rooms were very clean and spacious, we had a lovely room on the top floor. The only bad thing I can say about the room was that it was very warm and the pillows were very hard but it would not stop me coming back
The carpark is directly across the rd from the hotel and costs 5 euro per night for hotel guests.
We did not eat in the hotel so I can't comment on the food, but next time we will.
Overall we would recommend this hotel

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
colinahern, General Manager at Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2011

Dear Keegan_80,

Thank you for posting your review of our Hotel on Tripadvisor.com.

It was great to read that you had an enjoyable weekend and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (1,779)

Reviewed September 6, 2011

This was my second tour with Royal Irish Tours and your hotel was new to the tour this year. It was a welcome change. The staff were most welcoming on our arrival, directing us to complimentary coffee and tea thoughout the day, Amenities for our pleasure were in abundance. The close proximity to everything in Kilkenny was great. Antique shops, stores, and historical site seeing was all available in just a short walk.

However the selection for our dinner menu, was excellent, you even included a vegetarian option which was noted by many in our group. The staff was exception, providing for all our needs.

Thank you for a most enjoyable stay at your establishment, trust that Royal Irish tours will continue to use your establishment, and I recommend you to all travellers. Hope to be back in 2012.

Theresa Taylor, Cornwall, Ontario, Canada

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank yourauctioneer

Dear yourauctioneer,

I'm glad to read that you had a nice stay and that you enjoyed your second visit to Ireland. Were delighted to continue to welcome our Canadian friends and all who visit us from Royal Irish Tours.

We hope you get to visit us on your third trip!

Reviewed September 5, 2011

Just checking out of the Kilkenny Ormonde as we speak. My husband, 19 month old daughter and myself stayed here for one night while travelling from Dublin to Skibbereen.
We have nothing but praise for the hotel and it's exceptionally friendly staff. The staff in 'Savour' restaurant were brilliant. They were very helpful with our daughter and served her up her favourite meal, chips, almost instantly. Part of our deal included a pre-dinner cocktail in O'Reillys bar, which we were able to have along with our meal instead. Nothing seemed to be too much hassle at all.
The lobby was great for a post-dinner relax, where our daughter could stretch her legs.
The pool facilities were great, my little one had a great time splashing around!
Our room had a double bed, and a single. There was ample room for us to set up a travel cot too. Plus leaving room for toddlers to explore!
All in all a great, family-friendly hotel, with a brilliant central location.
We will be back, and would definitely recommend!! :)

• Stayed: September 2011

Dear dundrum_mum,

Thank you for posting your detailed review on Tripadvisor.com.

It was great to hear that you and your young family had a comfortable stay and that you enjoyed all the facilities we offer.

We hope that you can come back to visit us soon.

Reviewed September 4, 2011

We loved our stay in the Ormonde Hotel. The staff were extremely welcoming and helpful in every way possible. We also had lovely breakfasts and meals in the bar during our stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Dear margaret k,

Thank you for posting a review of our Hotel. I'm delighted that you found our team welcoming and helpful.

I hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed September 3, 2011

Nice hotel, comfortable beds. Enjoyed the complimentary coffees and teas when we checked in during the afternoon. Both breakfast and dinner were delicious. One lady in our group left her reading glasses behind when we left, but hotel staff forwarded them on to her at a later destination of our trip. Very hospitable. Hotel did have plumbing problem on the one evening we stayed, but they had the issue resolved in a short time and worked to accomodate our needs.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends

Dear vicki s,

I'm happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for posting your review of our Hotel on Tripadvisor.com.

I was particularly delighted to read that we found your friends glasses and facilitated their return.

Reviewed September 3, 2011

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights at the start of August. The hotel is in a great location in the town centre. The reception and breakfast staff are lovely. The breakfast was really good with loads of choice. The room was very hot and there was no air conditioning. Unfortunately I left a few items behind me in the room when I left. I rang reception the following day and then sent a follow up e-mail on 9th Aug. It says on the hotel website that they will respond to any query within 24 hours. 26 days later and I am still waiting for a reply to my e-mail..............

Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear GrainneNic,

I know, at this stage, my team have been in contact with you and I apologise sincerely that we were not in touch up till now.

I'm really gald that you enjoyed your stay, in general, and I assure you that the lack of air conditioning does not cause us too many problems, considering the usual Irish weather.

If you do get the opportunity to return during the hot summer period, we can organise a fan in your room, should you require it.

Reviewed September 1, 2011

Have stayed in this hotel twice. Chose it for its proximity to the city centre you really cant beat it. It is great cannot fault it at all. The rooms are light spacious and clean. The staff are very nice and helpful and seem to be very personable particularly on the reception and in the bar. A special mention must go to the gentleman in charge of breakfast who was very kind and although kept busy was always on hand to cater for your every need. We stayed on a dinner bed & breakfast package and the food in the restaurant is delicious.
Cannot wait to return to this hotel
I give it 5 stars!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Dear PerfectSpurs,

I'm really glad that you have returned to us and enjoyed the food we have to offer.

I hope that that you can see fit to return again soon.