“Best Alley in Ireland”
Review of Butter Slip

Butter Slip
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I saw this on TA while looking at things to do in Kilkenny and happened upon while out walking around. I did not recognize it at first until I got to the other side and saw the side matching the photograph. This alley sort of became one of the the jokes of our trip and said I would give it five circles on here. So for those of you looking at this and do not have sense of humor, this is not really an attraction. It is literally an alley that connects the two main shopping streets in Kilkenny... so if you visit it do so for fun... and don't be pissy when you find out it is little more.

1  Thank greeneyedqtpi
There are newer reviews for Butter Slip

Reviewed May 23, 2013

I might have missed this while travelling thru if it was not for the many subject matter experts here. Thanks you guys! I have to say, it is not just an alley...it is the coolest alley in town! I think it gets photographed a bit...

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Yes, it is just an alleyway connecting to streets but it feels very authentic and if you are walking around town....why not? I'm glad it was reviewed here on Tripadvisor because I knew what it was when I saw it.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Like many said, this is just an alley, nothing more nothing less, and guess it stands for the Irish humor and the lay-back Kilkenny residents this alley got its place in tripadvisor. If you visited Dublin in ireland and thought its 'ok' , then you really should visit the rest of Ireland and not forget to take a look at Kilkenny which made my view on Ireland completely different ! Loved Kilkenny, and this alley, well its just an alley, as good as a good alley is. ;)

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Yes, this is an alley, shows where they used to sell all the dairy products, and has some cute shops along the way. Best to visit while on one of those tours thru the Info office. Best info office!