“If you are in Killenny or nearby go to La Trattoria. The food is the reason.”
Review of La Trattoria

La Trattoria
Ranked #81 of 233 Restaurants in Kilkenny
Cuisines: Irish, Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 23, 2013

If you are in Killenny or nearby go to La Trattoria. The food is the reason for going it is fabulous freshly prepared and cooked by the owner. I go miles out of way to eat here.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Family owned Italian Restaurant in Kilkenny Town, small in size, big on quality. Mixed cross section of diners, with locals and tourists enjoying interaction with the friendly staff. Food excellent and pricing fair. Quantity of food offered is generous, so arrive hungry! The early bird menu is particularly good value as is the house wine.
Most definitely worth a visit.

1  Thank Doaghtourist
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a stay in kilkenny and we ate here on Saturday night. Food was lovely and prices were great....we were so stuffed we couldn't finish our meals! We ordered the garlic bread for starters and the portion was huge!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband and I have been going to La Trattoria for a couple of years and the food is fantastic every time. The spaghetti with sausage in tomato sauce is my favourite dish, anywhere, and is perfect time after time. Johnny will always take time to say hello and have a chat too, which is nice when friends from out of town are visiting!

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I was taken here by my friend Eimear & Fintan & I loved it!
Very friendly & served by the owner & chef too.

We had garlic bread like no other I have ever tasted & had Meat Balls with Spaghetti, which was superb & a lovely bottle of red wine.

The attention to detail was second to none!

Been to Italy quite a few times & you would have thought you were dining in the Best Italian restaurant money can buy beats all of these fancy named celebrity Chefs hands down, don't bother with them , visit La Trattoria instead!