“Consistently good.”

Dining options: Reservations
Kilkenny, Ireland
“Consistently good.”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband and I have been going to La Trattoria for a couple of years and the food is fantastic every time. The spaghetti with sausage in tomato sauce is my favourite dish, anywhere, and is perfect time after time. Johnny will always take time to say hello and have a chat too, which is nice when friends from out of town are visiting!

London
“Best Italian Restaurant in Kilkenny if not outside of Italy”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I was taken here by my friend Eimear & Fintan & I loved it!
Very friendly & served by the owner & chef too.

We had garlic bread like no other I have ever tasted & had Meat Balls with Spaghetti, which was superb & a lovely bottle of red wine.

The attention to detail was second to none!

Been to Italy quite a few times & you would have thought you were dining in the Best Italian restaurant money can buy beats all of these fancy named celebrity Chefs hands down, don't bother with them , visit La Trattoria instead!

Visited January 2013
Eire
“Great food ,wine and service.”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We were on John St in search of an early family dinner and were drawn to La Trattoria by the value of the early bird menu at just under fourteen euro. We enjoyed our two early birds and the pizza was deemed, rightly , to be top class with a beautiful thin crust. Wine of the month was very drinkable and excellent value too.Coffees were also top class. Service by the owner was helpful and warm and we had a lovely three course Italian evening dinner with wine/coffees for at less than sixty euro for two adults and a child .

Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Have been to this lovely authentic Italian many times now, three times last week!
The food is great, very reasonable prices. and very child friendly.The owner/chef is a really friendly guy, very happy to talk about a subject dear to his heart, food !!
He also has a great range of Italian wines, would recommend an excellent Gavi di Gavi.
Next time I'm in Kilkenny, I will be back.

• Visited January 2013
“Nice Italian food in Ireland”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

This was a nice change of taste after dining in so many pubs and Irish eateries. It made for a nice evening dinner for my husband and I, along with another couple.

Visited April 2012