“sawadee ka!!”

Ranked #34 of 223 Restaurants in Kilkenny
Cuisines: Malaysian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Yindees Downtown brings you a unique blend of authentic Thai and Malayasian dishes in a modern intimate setting. Yindees Downtown Restaurant boasts a superb location right in the heart of the city. We are proud to have served the people of Kilkenny and our wonderful visitors for over 3 years. The stylish Cocktail Bar at Yindees Downtown Restaurant is perfect for a quiet drink with soothing atmosphere. If you want to enjoy a taste of Yindees Downtown Restaurant at home, we offer a convenient delivery or collection service.
Wexford, Ireland
“sawadee ka!!”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Myself and my husband ate here and we both loved it. The food was so fresh and delicious. We booked the special deal which was two courses and a bottle of wine for €49! Amazing value and probably the nicest Thai food I've ever eaten (and I've been to Thailand!) I cant understand why the restaurant was so quiet on a Thursday night but I guess this a sign of the times and is no way a reflection on the quality of food produced.

• Visited September 2013

London
“Have to recommend this place”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We pass through Kilkenny quite a lot for business and have been meaning to give Yindees a review. Its a great spot. Tried a few things on the menu but go back to the green thai curry - it's fab. Very chilled out place and lovely staff. Like the way we are remembered now that we are semi regulars.. keep it up guys...

• Visited August 2013
Galway, Ireland
“Mixed Bag”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

My wife and I went to Yindees Downtown based on the reviews on Trip Advisor and for me, it didn't quite live up to expectations. I had the Prawn Tom Yum to start, it tasted lovely, but I only got two prawns in the soup, which was very measly. My wife had the Thai Crab and Mango to start, this dish was fantastic, all the different flavours worked so well together. For the main course, my wife had the Jungle Curry, this dish was very tasty, full of flavour. For my main I had cod baked in a bannana leave witha spicy paste. When I ordered, the waitress inquired if I could handle very spicy, as I like my spicy dishes, I was quite excited about what was to come. Unfortunately, when the dish came, it was far from spicy, it was mild at best, this left me quite disappointed. However, I have to say the fish was cooked to perfection. On the whole, our meal was quite good but I expected alot more. The decor in the restaurant is lovely and the staff were very helpful.

Visited August 2013
Dee M, Manager at Yindees Downtown, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Thank you for your post on tripadvisor. I am glad you enjoyed most of your meal and that you food the place and the staff very nice. I did speak to the chef about the two pieces of prawn in your soup and she has taking your comment on board. I would love if , the next time your in Kilkenny to try us out again, and we wont let you down. We are a small team here at yindees and we take a lot of pride in our food and service.

Thank you again for your comments.

Dee McKnight.
Manager.
“Unbelievable - Best In Town”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

If visiting Kilkenny, then look no further than this Restaurant. Fantastic food, service, quality and atmosphere. Simply the best Thai food i have ever tasted. If your not into authentic cuisine, then this is no problem, they will accomodate everybody. Being a fussy eater myself, i was blown away by my options.
Yindees Downtown is a credit to its owners and all of its staff. I would definitly reccommend the satay and the downtown beef.
Yindees is a must if in Kilkenny. Well Done.

• Visited August 2013
Deal, United Kingdom
“Great food and lovely staff”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Can't say enough how wonderful the staff were here, we felt like a part of the family for the evening. The Duck is to die for and they have an exquisite selection of Asian food on offer.
Already looking forward to next years visit.

• Visited July 2013
Dee M, Manager at Yindees Downtown, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Thank you for taking time out to review our restaurant on tripadvisor.

We are delighted you had a great meal and loved the service.

Please come back to us again soon.

Dee McKnight