“Hit and Miss”
Review of Yindees Downtown

Yindees Downtown
Ranked #33 of 218 Restaurants in Kilkenny
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Fusion, Malaysian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Yindees Downtown brings you a unique blend of authentic Thai and Malayasian dishes in a modern intimate setting. Yindees Downtown Restaurant boasts a superb location right in the heart of the city. We are proud to have served the people of Kilkenny and our wonderful visitors for over 3 years. The stylish Cocktail Bar at Yindees Downtown Restaurant is perfect for a quiet drink with soothing atmosphere. If you want to enjoy a taste of Yindees Downtown Restaurant at home, we offer a convenient delivery or collection service.
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Hit and Miss”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I have eaten twice at Yindees downtown in recent months. The first time I was impressed with the quality of the Thai Food and delighted when we asked for chilli oil that the chef sent us up a really nice oil which included roasted garlic. I had a vegetarian noodle dish which was delicious, especially with the oil. The second time we went, I tried something different, Singapore Noodles, which I found bland and boring. I asked again for the chilli oil we had before but it came back as just the normal chilli oil, which is nice enough but nowhere near as nice as the first time. I guess it was a different chef the second time. The service is excellent, they can't do enough for you and I think they try hard to get it right but it would be nice to see more consistency in the quality of the food.

It's very handy for parking and definitely worth going to.

• Visited February 2012

Dublin, Ireland
“Yindees”
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Good broad oriental menu well-cooked. A little dark and lacking in atmosphere when i was there in the early evening. Prices quite reasonable.

Visited June 2012
UK
“Easter Visit to Yendee”
Reviewed April 19, 2012

This is a very nice restaurant just over the bridge at John Street.
Food excellent, ambience excellent, service excellent and very good value - just wish we had something like it in the Isle of Man where we live.

Visited April 2012
“Fab food. I go here for special occasions. Just wish is was a little Cheaper so I did not have to wait for a special occasion. W”
Reviewed March 12, 2012

You have to eat here at least once in your life. Have been all around the world, but never came across some of the flavours I had here. Really special.

Ireland
“Take-out”
Reviewed March 6, 2012

I ordered by phone and picked up my take-out. It's great quality food.

Visited February 2012