“Great Quiet Dinner”

Daniel W Bollards
Ranked #46 of 233 Restaurants in Kilkenny
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night
Description: restaurant and pub - if you google it - many photos and listings on other pages
Reviewed May 22, 2014

First night in Kilkenny after a long drive we were looking for a nice Irish dinner without any music; we just needed to relax. And Bollards was perfect. The Guinness beef stew was wonderful, and one in our party has celiac disease and the waiter was extremely helpful discussing gluten-free options. Great atmosphere and staff. Go elsewhere to dance, go here to eat.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

Warm, welcoming atmosphere for a pre-dinner Pint by the coal burning fire on a blustery day . . . total relaxation and enjoyment. Did not stay for a meal, so can't offer ant insight there.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

We stopped by for some tea and my boyfriend had the sample plate of 3 beers for €5 with local Smithwick's beers. Too bad we found the place so late and didn't have so much time in Kilkenny.. If I'm coming back, this is the place where I'm going for dinner and pints.

Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Nice place Guinness was great and the open fire was very welcoming staff were nice a real irish pub loved the decor we did not have food but seen other people eating and it looked great

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Very very poor used to be fantastic value with a great atmosphere but that has changed dramatically in the last while. I got a lasagne but the portion was so small I thought it was a child's meal when I asked the bar he grabbed the plate from my hand and shouted at me awful experience, the food was salty and reheated. The New European bar man is rude and aggressive.