“Excellent food”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Bar that has restaurant at the back, tables very close to one another so no privacy. Food very good, however if you are not a fan of BBQ sauce be wary, they tend to put a lot of it on the food, check before you order.

1  Thank MSR186605

Reviewed August 17, 2014

Ate here recently with a few friends after hearing a lot of people saying how good it had become for relaxed "American style" dining. It was a Wed evening and the place was full which is always a good sign, being so busy the tables available were limited but we were seated at what I thought a nice table in the back bar/restaurant area. We all ordered starters and mains and each of us were very happy with what we got. The service was swift and efficient with nothing forgotten and the food was really lovely ( I had a crab starter followed by a great big burger with blue cheese ), if you want a more classy dining experience Paris Texas is not for you, the Menu/food is what it is, but it is done well. The service may not be as attentive as other restaurants but considering how busy they are they do a great job, so all in all I had a really great evening, so much so I am joining another group of friends there tomorrow evening !!

1  Thank Lee K
Reviewed August 15, 2014

We were lucky to get a table on the Friday night. Make sure you book in advance. The food was amazing. We didn't have starters as we could see the main portions were big from other diners. I had the lamb steak and my wife had fillet steak. To sum it up, my wifes quote, 'I'm full but I can't stop eating this'. It really was that good. We shared a dessert between us, apple and berry crumble, and barely finished it because we were so full.

1  Thank dougal59
Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

Went to Paris Texas for lunch - worst experience ever! The service was absolutely horrendous. Had to ask every time we needed assistance; for menus, to order, to get cutlery which didnt come with the meal, to get drinks with our meal, to get the bill & the worst of all was standing at the bar for 30minutes, hand in the air waiting to pay the bill & members of staff ignoring me. We ordered the lamb & were given beef. The worst experience in a restaurant ever! Would not recommend this place to anyone - the staff haven't a clue!!!!!

Reviewed August 12, 2014

We had a lunch here recently. The location is very good, right in the heart of the shopping area of Kilkenny.
Ask for a table in the back-section.....nice and bright, with a semi-outdoor area suitable for sunny days.
We shared a mixed platter of ribs, wings and pulled pork. All very nicely cooked and presented.
Staff on the day were very helpful and friendly.
Definitely worth a visit.