“Riverside Restaurant.”

Riverside Restaurant
Ranked #90 of 233 Restaurants in Kilkenny
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located in the Kilkenny River Court Hotel, Kilkenny.
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Great location. Food is very good and service good. Prices a bit high and wine list too expensive. Better to incorporate this in an inclusive stay in the hotel which makes it better value.

1  Thank franbren

Reviewed May 23, 2012

I had one of the best meals in years in the hotel restaurant.

1  Thank rachiehun2008
Reviewed May 14, 2012

We ate here for dinner and breakfast while staying at the Kilkenny River Court Hotel. Both at dinner and breakfast the service was absolutely terrible. At dinner, our waiter was rude and surly, he acted as if our mere presence was annoying to him. The food at dinner was good, but his attitude completely spoiled the evening. What a shame - the view of the river and of the Kilkenny castle was fantastic.

Breakfast was even worse. We had the same waiter. My wife asked for tea. He brought coffee. She didn't notice until she had poured some in her cup. But the waiter never came anywhere near our table again, she had to get up and find him. She said she had ordered tea, and he said "You would like some tea, okay I can get that" as if she had never ordered tea and he hadn't made a mistake. When he brought the tea to our table, he put it down and turned to go without a word, without taking the coffee pot away and without getting my wife a clean, empty cup. At this point, I was so appalled at the service, I stood up and called loudly after the waiter. He reluctantly came back and I explained how his service was unacceptable, describing what I've written above. He offered a mumbled apology, took away the coffee and gave her a cup from the next table. I noticed the maitre d had observed me calling after the waiter, and she spoke to him after he left our table - but she did not come to our table to make sure we were happy. And the food wasn't even worth suffering through the terrible service, the hashbrowns were pre-formed pucks from the freezer, the fruit was straight out of a can and the eggs were powdered and watery.

Don't waste your time with this restaurant.

Reviewed May 10, 2012

Overpriced, slow but friendly staff. Meals were simply not worth the money.

1  Thank Martinviennaaustria
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Dinner with family in riverside restaurant, Very good dinning experience, food & service excellence.