“Clean comfortable free WiFi”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of McCourts Townhouse

and 1 more site!
McCourts Townhouse
Ranked #72 of 78 Kilkenny B&B and Inns
Eulenbis, Germany
“Clean comfortable free WiFi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

How can things get better than spending a couple of nights in Kilkenny Ireland. A very clean and comfortable hotel. Well priced with free WiFi. Rooms are very small, but that's okay, I don't want to buy it I just want to sleep there. The wonderful castle is just about a five minute walk, in fact nearly everything is about a five minute walk. Receptionist "Paul" was as nice and cordial as they come, even microwaved our leftover pizza for us. They do have off street parking for a low price. The only bad thing is finding it "LOOK FOR THE PINK DOORS & KILKENNY RIVER COURT".

Stayed June 2013
Dee M, General Manager at McCourts Townhouse, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Mccourts Townhouse. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. Paul is a great asset for us here, his customer service is second to none.
We have new signage ordered for the outside of the building, which should help finding us next time.
We look forward to meeting ye again next time ye visit Kilkenny.

Kind Regards
Dee McKnight.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Wexford, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

I stayed in MCourts Townhouse with 20 of my friends for My Hen party, I didn't know what to expect! All the rooms were very clean spacious. Perfect for a short city trip. Everyone was impressed. The location is excellent is right on the main street. Great value for money. I would definitely visit again.

Room Tip: Breakfast is served in the nearby Rivercourt hotel is really nice
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

This restaurant is part of Mc Courts Townhouse. Our meal was lovely. If you like Thai/Malaysian Food it's fab. The restaurant was a bit cold but the waiter did ask and us if we were cold and it did seem to warm up a bit after that. The waiter John couldn't have been nicer and was really nice to our 3 kids, they even got a party bag with a colouring book and a join the dots book with crayons to keep them occupied while we were waiting for our meal which was lovely. Overall I would definately recommend this place, it's fairly reasonably priced and the kids get a choice of main course and choice of dessert and choice of drink for €10. There's also an early bird menu available.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

I stayed here with friends for my birthday, we had two twin rooms for one night. My room was spacious and very clean and the beds are very comfortable, unfortunately my friends' room wasn't the same, it was right next door but it was much smaller, it was very narrow and quite dark. Being there for a girls night out we weren't worried about the noise from the street but the noise from the doors was a bit of a bother, you really had to slam the door in order for it to close which isn't great when returning at 4am trying not to wake up the whole place. One member of staff on checking in was friendly but another seemed to look down on us as we were a group of young girls checking in which I don't like. The place was clean and comfortable and was everything we needed for a one night stay. Although the townhouse advertises free wifi it wouldn't work in either of our rooms and even when we asked in reception they just told us to try again which wasn't very helpful when it still wouldn't work. It's in a great location for going out and it's great value for the center of the city. I would recommend it just don't expect the little extras!

Room Tip: We had rooms on the top floor which were quite nice!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here with my wife and a group of six other friends last weekend. By far the best value "affordable" accommodation in Kilkenny. The location is second to none right in the centre of the city beside the river and castle. Also try the Thai restaurant downstairs, perfect. As we booked we where made aware that there was no breakfast but the price we paid dictated this. Be aware the parking is not included but can park in the hotel next door for a small charge.
Brilliant service.
Lovely clean comftable rooms.
Fantastic price.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank redsandwiches
Wicklow, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

I googled B&Bs in Kilkenny and McCourts Townhouse came up as offering this service. I booked using Booking.com and phoned. I paid 89 euo for 1 double and 59 euro for 1 single. The guy that booked us in wanted 10 euro extra for the single room which I refused to give him not realising that I would not get breakfast. Already I felt we had paid enough. There was no discussion that Breakfast was not included or any signs saying they did not offer breakfast. I was shocked at what I paid for a very small double room and an equally small single room. The single room was located at the top of the building along a narrow stairs and a definite fire hazzard. I could not see a fire exit near by. I am very annoyed as I wanted a Bed and Breakfast and McCourts comes up when you put in B&Bs in Kilkenny. This is misleading advertising. The should have a statement in their advertising material or displayed in the building to say they DO NOT OFFER BREAKFAST. We were charged 8.50 for parking. Please be aware and ask the question is breakfast included? I will never stay in here again. Unfortunately we paid by cash 148 euro for a bed and no breafast. I am raging and feel very hard done by.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Claire B

Travelers are raving about these Kilkenny hotels

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

I'm not sure whether my husband and I had a typical experience here. The first night we were upgraded to the Riverview hotel (which owns the property) for unknown reasons. The second night we stayed at McCourts, which was practically the same as the hotel but the rooms are smaller, the tv is smaller, and all the walls are painted instead of having one wall with fancy wallpaper. It was more than adequate and the hotel said we could have a breakfast on them for the move.

Unfortunately the third and last night in Kilkenny something went wrong with the boiler in McCourts and we lost hot water completely in the middle of my shower. Riverview attempted to fix the problem for about 2 hours to no avail and we were moved back to the hotel and received another breakfast for our trouble.

Would give it a 4 star if we had not been moved twice and had the hot water problem.
Management gets 5 stars for doing the decent thing with the free breakfasts.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple