“Great Ice Cream”
Review of Murphy's Ice Cream

Murphy's Ice Cream
Ranked #3 of 7 Dessert in Kilkenny
Description: Murphys Ice Cream is an artisan ice cream company based in Dingle, Co. Kerry, with shops in Dingle, Killarney, Dublin, Galway and Kilkenny. We make ice cream the old fashioned way - breaking each egg by hand and using fresh cream and milk from the rare Kerry cow.
Reviewed July 19, 2018

Lovely unusual flavours of ice cream. Very good quality.

A bit on the expensive side but not crazy.

The 2 lads working in there in July were very welcoming and pleasant.

Reviewed July 15, 2018

Lovely staff - genuinely interested in the customer and product they offer.
Ice-cream - heavenly good!!!
Definitively worth its price.

Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

If you are in Kilkenny, do not miss this place!!! The service is stellar and the ice cream is delicious. The ice cream is high quality and with a nice homemade feel. I highly recommend.

Reviewed July 11, 2018 via mobile

When we walked into the building, we were greeted by a friendly employee offering us a sample. I ended up with a delicious cup of Irish coffee flavored ice cream. I would almost return to Ireland just for this ice cream.

Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I discovered Murphys on our honeymoon to Ireland. We were in Kilkenny for a few days and found it the first day and Oh. My. God. This has to be the best ice cream we've ever had! And the service is WONDERFUL! The employees are so friendly and offer as many samples as you'd like. They seem to genuinely love their job and strive to please their customers. The flavors are simple and so, so delicious. You can mix as many flavors as you want, as they sell it by weight. I got chocolate, butterscotch, and SEA SALT... Incredible! My hubby got the same but also with Irish coffee which actually contains whiskey! The fact the they have sea salt is just amazing. We've never had salty ice cream and I recommend trying it with any of their other flavors. There's nothing better than a little salty with your sweet! We also added warm chocolate sauce and CHOCOLATE MOUSSE!!!! HEAVEN! They have both chocolate and caramel mousse and it's to die for! We preceeded to come to Murphys the next two days (3 days in a row! Such fatties!) because we wanted to get our fill, thinking this was our last chance. Come to find out, they have a Dublin location, which is our next stop. I guess we will need to buy new pants when we get home! YOLO!