“Great place.. !!! My kind of restaurant ” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Grapevine Wine & Tapas Bar
Ranked #28 of 216 Restaurants in Kilkenny
Cuisines: Mediterranean, European, International, Spanish, Wine Bar
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Grapevine Tapas Bar is Kilkenny's favourite casual dining venue.Great food, music and service.
Bothwell Scotland
“Great place.. !!! My kind of restaurant ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Went with my wife and her family on friday evening . We were shown immediately to our tables and quickly given menus then our drinks order was taken.

The food arrived very quickly and I have to admit all items were very nice ( far too many to mention)

The music was great in the place and the seats were extremely comfortable...I could lounge about after my meal which I like to do.

The red wine was lovely and the ambience in the place was just right. A thoroughly enjoyable evening..

Only downside is the faulty door which sticks open causing a cold draught to come in

“A gem!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

Great find, Arrived late in to town on a wednesday night and were hungry and found this place still open. Went for the special offer, great deal, could highly recommend the Risotto and the venison, only disappointment being the desserts.

Kilkenny, Ireland
“Good food, Service was so-so, Tip*** dont go on a busy night”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

Ate here twice in one week

Monday night... quite, but food was delish. In fact we ordered to much... and got take away box.

Service was good, but the waitress changed and the newer (taller girl) was quite rude and 'busy' all the time.

We decided to come back again later that week on a Friday night... Same waitress as last time, the smaller girl was quite happy and friendly - saw us to our table, service time was good...

HOWEVER.... the food was terrible. It was in the restaurant so no care was taken when cook. Steak skewers were €8 for 2 tiny lumps of red fat...under cooked and poor meat quality. Some dishes that normally come with sauce came quite dry...

Overall i am a big fan of the place....they just need to improve on the customer service and be more prepared for the wknd rush

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Kilkenny, Ireland
“Great food, poor service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

I visited the Grapevine tonight and thought the food was really good and very good value. However, the service was not so good. We had a table for two booked and when we entered the lady could not find our reservation as the person who took the order had completely misinterpreted the spelling of the name on the booking. It is a simple, uncomplicated name-not unique or unusual in any way. We did however get seated quickly, but were put at tables with stools rather than chairs which I found very uncomfortable.

We got the menus, but no one took our order for 15 minutes. In fact a table who had been seated after us, got served first.

When the food arrived, it was really good! When we were eating no one approached us to ensure that everything was ok and when we wanted a desert menu, it took about 10 minutes for them to bring it to us. We were going to order coffees, but given the slowness of service we decided against it.

I think the problem is the shortage of staff or the mismanagement of staff. Its a pity, because it took away from the quality of food and ambience of the place.

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Tipperary, Ireland
“Mothers Day”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

Having never had tapas my daughters decided to bring me here for Mothers Day. I must say it was a very enjoyable experience.
Thanks girls.