“Great value break”
Review of La Perla

La Perla
Reserve with OpenTable
La Perla is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #60 of 229 Restaurants in Kilkenny
Cuisines: Irish, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Had a nice weekend break in Lyrath Hotel. Food in La Perla restaurant was excellent. Had the goats cheese starter and monkfish main, Helena went for the prawn starter and trout main. Food was excellent. Staff were very pleasant and helpful however our young waiter was a bit out of his depth when discussing the wine list.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

My sister Maria and I stayed in the Lyrath Hotel on 15th August. Although there are 2 restaurants to choose from for dinner we went to Yindees. But breakfast in La Perla was just amazing. Everything type of breakfast you could possibly think of - all fresh and well presented. Eggs fried as you order them - fresh! Juices were amazing. The Guinness bread was lovely. Service was smooth and friendly. Really enjoyed it. We looked in before going to Yindees and must say it looked really beautiful so will try it on our next visit which will no doubt be soon.

1  Thank JeanFenlon
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Staff were very accommodating as we were late for our reservation. Food was excellent, with a decent variety to the menu. An extensive wine list to choose from, reasonably priced.

1  Thank northern_highlights
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Had meal as part of a package in hotel, asked for table by window at breakfast and it was ready when we arrived, starters of prawns and chicken & mushroom parcel, both were very nice, sea bass and pork dishes followed and both were very well presented by very good staff, deserts followed and coffee in the foyer. Overall a very good meal with a excellent choice of rosé wine

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Can't fault the staff and the surroundings, it really is a fantastic Hotel and the spa pool is to die for. The breakfasts are really yummy but get down their early because it does get busy. However the evening meal we had at La Perla really let the place down. We ordered the muscles, Beef and the chicken. Very little muscles and it was not a tasty dish at all.The beef was not cooked as we asked, it was tough as nails and it wouldn't feed a sparrow(3 bites of the beef and it would be gone) It was also cold when it arrived to our table. They had run out of some starters and main dishes. Have eaten here before and at the time I gave feedback about the beef and they said they were changing supplier so I was hoping it would be better this time...to our disappointment, it was even worse. We did speak to the manager and the dishes were replaced with chicken which was ok( tip for the chef...the appearance of the chicken is atad off-putting,,,order and see for yourself) The manager assured us that he never has any complaints about the food which I was very surprised about as I'm not alone with some of the reviews here. We did have a late time booking for the meal so I don't know if that had anything to do with it. We were so hungry by the time we got the chicken dish I was past caring. When our plates were taken the waiter asked us, 'Is it ok THIS time'? I would have much preferred the meal I actually wanted to be ok the 1st time around. The desserts were lovely. I would recommend staying at the Hotel but might be better if you pop into Killkenny itself for your dinner.

1  Thank Ah0x