“Fantastic girls night out!”
Review of Italian Connection

Italian Connection
Ranked #36 of 233 Restaurants in Kilkenny
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Italian Connection is a contemporary Italian restaurant serving simple, freshly prepared dishes using the finest and freshest ingredients for over 15 years. Located in the heart of Kilkenny, the friendliest city in Europe, this family run restaurant serves affordable Italian cuisine at its finest. There's an Italian dish for everyone - from Italian favourites to authentic Italian dishes - just like Mama use to make them! Or taste the lighter side of Italian food along with Italian Connection special gluten free dishes. "Savour the tastes and the moments at the Italian Connection with family and friends. That's what memories are made of."
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We dined Italian Connection last night and had a fantastic time.We were a group of 14 dressed up as Wheres Wally for my best friends hen party and as we were dining in fancy dress-I found some restaurants in Kilkenny would not accommodate us but Italian Connection were fantastic.
The staff were so friendly and could not do enough for us, Our waitress was a very kind woman who was completely unphased by the large booking on a busy Saturday night and took the time to chat to us about our evening etc.
The food was beautiful and the large portions made us really feel we had gotten a lot for our money. The hostess was fantastic and again very helpful and the price was perfect!

I cannot say enough about this restaurant as in these times it is rare to feel that we got so much for our money in both service and food- especially with a large group!

Our experience at Italian connection was fantastic and set us up well for a great night in Kilkenny!
Thanks so much!

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I recently Dined at This Restaurant with some Family Members. It was a special occasion and i had reccommended it to the others as I had eaten there before. firstly i had booked a week prior so I expected a decent table our table was right beside the Kitchen and the hatch where the waiting staff collected the food. the noise was unreal i understand they had a job to do but it prevented my party from having a conversation without shouting across the table. The Starters were bland one of my party had the garlic bread a mass of dough is how I would descibe it. the main courses were ok and we did'nt bother waiting to have dessert as the noise at the hatch increased. The young girl that cleared our main course plates piled them high on the table dropping knifes & forks etc as if it was'nt noisy enough. For what this restaurant charges it was'nt cheap and we spent quite a good bit of money and a generous tip even though the service was terrible. I think they need to review their situation there are plenty of restaurants in kilkenny with better food and ambience they need to up their game!!!

Reviewed February 6, 2013

The restaurant has a good atmosphere and the interior design is lovely. However we were not impressed with the food. The crab claws for starters were overcooked served with boring ice-berg lettuce. For mains the knocci was bland. We had saved up for this meal and were disappointed afterwards.

1  Thank AmyConKK
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Read some good reviews on Trip Advisor about Italian Connection.
We decided to head in for lunch after our visit to one of the churches.
We just went for pizzas. I got a spicy one, peperoni, chilli's and onions and my Boyfriend got salmon and cream.. a risky choice. The pizzas came quickly and both pizzas were a great size, with plenty of toppings. and both for 10 euro each!

I'd definitely recommend Italian Connection to family and friends visiting Kilkenny.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Really enjoyed dinner in here.... We are a regular to kilkenny and always pay italian connection a visit. The food was so good this time my wife had the chicken and she loved it. I had the pasta and it was great. The waiter there is very friendly and funny! Will be defiantely back!!!