“Sunday Breakfast”

The Marble City Bar
Ranked #25 of 243 Restaurants in Kilkenny
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Description: Winner of Best Gastro Pub in Kilkenny for the last 4 years! 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015. Situated within walking distance from Langton House Hotel, The Marble City Bar & Tea Rooms is one the oldest public houses in the County it has still retained many of the original features and exudes a warm & friendly atmosphere. The Marble City Bar is a favourite with locals and residents alike, offering extensive menus boasting the very best in fresh local Irish produce and service. Food is served from 9am - 10pm daily Down stairs and situated on a bustling pedestrianised shopping street is the The Marble City Tea Rooms. An ideal meeting spot with both indoor and outdoor seating areas it is the perfect setting in which to experience a varied selection of international coffees and teas, cakes and pastries along with a full and comprehensive menu. Food is served from 9am - 9:30pm daily
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Had a great Sunday breakfast here eggs benidict (my favourite)
nice to see a place that doesnt just do a fry up.
Staff were very good, and very friendly.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

We stopped in here without a reservation and ate at the bar. So we got a front row seat for the singing duo. Not traditional irish, but very talented and enjoyable.

Our meal was tasty, the beer cold, and we certainly could not complain. The service was very slow. We had to get a bit testy to actually get our dessert--but to their credit, they comped us for it (pretty good bread pudding!)

I would recommend anyone visiting Kilkenny to eat here

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Irish group playing in the back ground, lovely food and lively atmosphere. I had a beef salad which was filling and tasty. Food wa simple, well presented and good value for money. The service was excellent. Well worth a visit!

Reviewed August 15, 2012

We looked a lot and ended up staying at this restaurant. Prices in the central area are very similar, around 10 euros a main course.
The waiter who served us was very helpful and pleasant, but unfortunately the food was not good. I ordered a chicken curry and rice that was too spicy, so much that I couldn't even finish it. My boyfriend asked for a fish that came with mashed potatoes. The whole dish seemed to have been warmed in the microwave because the lemon was shriveled and the fish seemed to be undercooked.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

I vist Marble City Bar once a week it great stir frys and the fish of the day I love my vegetables and its great to get a place that do not put to much butter/Oil on there veg,the veg is nice a fresh at all times I go there and eat and the staff are very happy to help out anyone on special diets with it nice warm back round music sometimes it can be hard to leave so i give the Marble 10 stars.