“Delish!!!”
Review of Lautrecs Bistro - CLOSED

Lautrecs Bistro
Cuisines: European, French, Irish
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff
Description: Welcome to Lautrecs Bistro in the heart of medieval Kilkenny City. We are a stones throw from the historic Kilkenny Castle on bustling St Kieran Street, a pedestrianized haven for both food lovers and shoppers alike. Showcasing modern Irish food on our menus, we cook everything fresh to order with produce from local artisan food producers Flagstone floors from the historic Burren in Co. Clare with relaxing soft tones set the enchanting atmosphere that is Lautrecs. On two floors Lautrecs was launched in 1987 and is one of Kilkenny's longest established restaurants. Please browse our menus where we hope you will find our food interesting... Bon Appétit!
County Wexford, Ireland
“Delish!!!”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Gorgeous food, perfect for sharing, a little taste of different foods and flavours accompanied by a lovely wine. Really good value at €61 for 2 including bottle of wine.

• Visited June 2014

“Excellent”
Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

Second visit here. Early evening time on both occasions. Lovely relaxed atmosphere and friendly staff. Food very tasty..will definitely pop in again.

Carlow, Ireland
“Yummy Bites”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

From start to finish this was a brilliant experience. Our booking changed a number of times during the week and Alan was so good to deal with and it was never a hassle. 9 of us sat for Tapas on Saturday evening and it was amazing. We all ordered 3 dishes each and my Patatas Bravas, Mini tortillas & Pan seared Tiger Prawns were so tasty, I tried other dishes too but was very happy with my choices. I would definitely recommend people visit and I will definitely be back again & again! Thank you

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank bababet77
Dublin, Ireland
“Tasty quick bites”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I've been here a few times, had the early bird tapas most times. It's €20 for 3 tapas & a glass of house wine.

Mostly I've been pretty happy with the experiences. Sometimes the dishes are brought in a bit of a strange order, like they haven't exactly thought what would be the best order to start making them, but otherwise it's all good. All the dishes I've tried have been tasty, and the service is generally quick. House wine is nice for house wine. I'm sure I'll be back again.

If you want a table on a weekend evening, I'd recommend booking.

• Visited June 2014
“Ok nice experience”
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant was a nice experience but food was just ok.

Many dishes were described as slow cooked (as quite an avid cook myself)I don't think this was the case. Elements seemed to be cooked separately and placed together after, as flavours didn't mix. Mini burgers were lovely and pizza was fab. Nice experience but I wouldn't really recommend. Service was only ok.