“Nice food but pricey”

Lautrecs Bistro
Cuisines: Irish, Spanish, Wine Bar
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Lautrecs Bistro in the heart of medieval Kilkenny City. We are a stones throw from the historic Kilkenny Castle on bustling St Kieran Street, a pedestrianized haven for both food lovers and shoppers alike. Showcasing modern Irish food on our menus, we cook everything fresh to order with produce from local artisan food producers Flagstone floors from the historic Burren in Co. Clare with relaxing soft tones set the enchanting atmosphere that is Lautrecs. On two floors Lautrecs was launched in 1987 and is one of Kilkenny's longest established restaurants. Please browse our menus where we hope you will find our food interesting... Bon Appétit!
Carlow, Ireland
“Nice food but pricey”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Food was nice and a nice restaurant. Prices rather too high for typeof food served on most dishes. Service was fine but not very vigilant once food was served.

Visited August 2012

Clonmel, Ireland
“Large family gathering - Excellent”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We had dinner for 25 ppl in March 2011. We were put upstairs and it was a little crammed but the food and service more than made up for it. I would heartily recommend this restaurant for anyone thinking of family outing. The value we got was mind blowing and no charge to bring your own wine.

Would definitely recommend this

• Visited November 2012
dublin ireland
“Fabulous Restaurant”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

My friend and myself were on a weekend away in Kilkenny recently and found this restaurant by chance while shopping on the saturday afternoon. We booked our meal for that evening and we were delighted we did!! The restaurant was full and had a great buzz about it. The meal we had was absolutely gorgeous and all the staff were so pleasant. No complaints whatsoever. Will definitely return to Lautrecs when back in Kilkenny again,

Visited October 2012
1 Thank poppyDublinIreland
Sligo
“Perfect Meal in Kilkenny”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Stumbled across this little gem while exploring Kilkenny city. Was there early and mid-week so it was very quiet. My Mussels starter was excellent, I gladly drank the excess sauce with my soup spoon. Chicken main course was equally as good, perfect portions of everything (inc. vege and potatoes). I will definitely return here and would recommend it to anyone visiting the Marble City.

• Visited October 2012
Ennis
“Little French Gem!!!”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

While on Holidays in Kilkenny we found this lovely little restaurant by complete accident, but I am so glad we did now. I found in Kilkenny that very few restaurants do An Early Bird Menu past 7pm, but Lautrecs actually do it until 7.30pm!! They have An Early Bird and A La Carte Menu and compared to many other restaurants in Kilkenny there are very reasonably priced. It's a restaurant with a very relaxed atmosphere, nice decor and attentive waiters.

Well for starters, I had the Moules Marinere (mussels) and my wife had the Tomato and Parmesan Tartlet. Both came out beautifully presented, my mussels in particular were served in a cast iron bowl with homemade bread, for dipping in the tasty white wine sauce, Yummy. The tartlet was very flavorsome and extremely tasty, im not a huge Parmesan lover but have no worries here if you are too cause it was delicious and not over powering.

For main course I had the Sirloin Steak and my wife had the Pan Fried Chicken. My sirloin Steak was cooked to perfection, I'm a stickler when it comes to how a steak should be cooked!! it was served on a wooden board, with saute onions and mushrooms, with lovely homemade fries and a Bearnaise sauce. My wife chicken was succulent and full of flavor, on a bed vegetables and layered potato gratin. The portions were just right so not to leave you bloated but still full and satisfied.

For dessert I had the fruit crumble, creme anglaise and ice cream, my wife was full from here two courses so she passed on dessert, a big mistake!!! I'm not a sweet lover but I'll always have a crumble and this was fabulous, the pastry was thin and flaked away with ease, the filling was sweet and the crumble wasn't stoggey!!

This was an all round very enjoyable dining experience,very reasonably priced compared to other establishment in Kilkenny that are over priced, lovely atmosphere and very attentive waitresses. I will definitely visit here again next time I'm in Kilkenny.

• Visited September 2012