“Great setting, food not so much”
Review of Kyteler's Inn

Kyteler's Inn
Ranked #20 of 237 Restaurants in Kilkenny
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Medieaval building in the heart of Kilkenny dating back to 1324. Once home to Dame Alice Kyteler tried for witchcraft. Kytelers Inn is NOT a restaurant but a Pub - which is our main business. Yes we also serve bar food.There are three floors with four bars - cheek them all out for the one that suits.On offer at peak season twice nightly from 6.30pm. is a programme of trad music,balladeer, irish dancers & seanachie. You can watch & eat & drink at your leisure.Weekends and Bank holidays we also have Late Bar extensions with bands & DJ for those that want to party a bit later into the night.As it was in Alice Kyteler's day - Kyteler's Inn is a place for "merrie making" - Come and visit us to find out more..Also check us out - Trip Advisor Bars/Nightlife
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stopped here based on TA reviews. Not really impressed with the food, but the entire place was very cool inside. I'd say maybe just stop in for a pint and pass on the food.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,111)

Reviewed March 11, 2013

We were looking for a quick bite to eat having arrived in Kilkenny late & had seen Kytelers recommended on the taste of Ireland website so we said we'd give it a shot. I'm glad we did. This place is exactly what it says on the tin, decent pub grub (don't be expecting some gastronomic masterpiece) and a nice pint in a lovely setting (stone walls covered in knickknacks). The banoffi pie was homemade & absolutely superb. I'd recommend this place for lunch or if you're not interested in a formal, sit down meal.

1  Thank Jill_Dublin_12
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I had no trouble finding this place. I stopped in for lunch and was immediately seated at a table near the hearth. It was warm and inviting and the food was excellent. I hope to visit again.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Had a very nice meal here. Food was very nice, partner had steak and said it was nicest steak he had had in ages. Portions are a good size. Food was very reasonable, however I did find drinks to be slightly too high. 5.20 for a Bailey's is a bit much in my opinion.

1  Thank FOG_11
Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

Good food, generous portions, good craic with the barstaff and a witch story to boot. What more could you want from a Wednesday lunchtime? Nothing. Exactly. Pop in.