“Large Servings”

Ranked #12 of 229 Restaurants in Kilkenny
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Medieaval building in the heart of Kilkenny dating back to 1324. Once home to Dame Alice Kyteler tried for witchcraft. Kytelers Inn is NOT a restaurant but a Pub - which is our main business. Yes we also serve bar food.There are three floors with four bars - cheek them all out for the one that suits.On offer at peak season twice nightly from 6.30pm. is a programme of trad music,balladeer, irish dancers & seanachie. You can watch & eat & drink at your leisure.Weekends and Bank holidays we also have Late Bar extensions with bands & DJ for those that want to party a bit later into the night.As it was in Alice Kyteler's day - Kyteler's Inn is a place for "merrie making" - Come and visit us to find out more..Also check us out - Trip Advisor Bars/Nightlife
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband and I had lunch in this inn. We thought the servings were larger than usual. The soup and sandwiches were good and filling. I enjoyed the roast pork which was the special of the day.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I dropped into kytelers with my girlfriend for dinner and I was glad I did I ordered the special of the day which was beef and my girlfriend ordered fish cakes the portion sizes were perfect and the taste was just fantastic I could not fault it in anyway staff were friendly and the atmosphere was great it was so relaxed you could stay there all day / night great place will be back again and hope to stay a little longer

1  Thank Finefod
Reviewed February 17, 2013

This is a really nice pub with a lot of character, food is nice, service is very fast, staff efficient. If you like traditional irish music you will like this place, there is also a lovely big real fire upstairs which is a nice touch. Worth a visit.

1  Thank ella570
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We stopped for lunch in this enchanting place. We weren't in Kilkenny during the high tourist season, so had no trouble getting a table. Lots of history to read while enjoying a great lunch and a "SMITHWICK".

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Had a light dinner here midweek & found it lovely, good quality food, good value, lovely staff & a lovely cosy atmosphere.
WE'LL BE BACK !!!!