“Hidden gem....best dinner ever!”
Review of Anocht

Anocht
Ranked #14 of 227 Restaurants in Kilkenny
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Each Thursday,Friday, Saturday and Sunday enjoy a unique space for fine dining, with its broad oak beam ceiling and view of Kilkenny Castle into a unique space for dining with menus inspired by great Irish ingredients.
Reviewed July 13, 2013

This was my first visit to Kilkenny and the Kilkenny design centre now do dinner three nights a week at the weekend. We had a superb meal at a reasonable cost. The bread is to die for! We were well looked after by Lee, Aine,and Derek who were attentive but not intrusive. A wonderful experience overall,and I would highly recommend a visit. I'll be back!

There are newer reviews for Anocht

Reviewed July 13, 2013

I have just spent a most wonderful evening at the Kilkenny design centre restaurant. Much as I love to poke holes in a restaurant experience, I simply couldn't find a flaw. The atmoshere is understated and elegant....a beautiful old stone building with simple decor, candle-light and Billie Holiday playing in the background. The service was that rare and perfect balance of friendly, professional and attentive....Thank you Lee, Aine and Derek for taking such good care of us. The food was out of this world. We were served with two delicious mini bread loaves with herb butter while waiting for our food. My potted prawn and crab starter was delectable. My sea-bass main was perfection. This was followed by a chocolate fondant that was to die for. While this review may sound very effusive, I would happily rank this as one of my best restaurant experiences ever......I simply couldn't find a single thing to complain about.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Four of us had dinner here on the 15th of June. We cannot fault the food. However the service was another matter entirely. None of the four of us had starters. We ordered four main courses and a bottle of red wine. Two main courses arrived and we were told there would be a twenty minute delay with the other two. Needless to say we were not impressed. The manager spoke to us and said we would have mains in 3 minutes which in fairness we did. She explained that there was a glitch between computer in kitchen and restaurant. We could understand that this happen. We paid for our meal and left only to discover the following morning our son had rung in his card details to pay for the meal which was meant to be a surprise for father's day. This did not happen and we had to go back to the restaurant the following morning to sort this out.
Don't think the manager was very pleased to see us again the following morning. However the cards and bill were corrected. It would not put be off returning to the restaurant put I would be make sure my order for everybody went to the kitchen at the same time.

grace f, Public Relations Manager at Anocht, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear happyholiday
As you acknowledged, both technical and human error will sometimes happen and we once again apologise and thank you for your patience – perhaps due in some part to the complimentary bottle of wine you received on the night by way of apology. We are delighted to hear that you found no fault with the food and would return to our restaurant for another visit. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

It is a self service and there is plenty of food for a good lunch. I choose a bowl of veg soup with some brown bread and it was really good.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

This place really transforms at dinner time and we had a fantastic meal and good wine here. Very friendly service and Celiac friendly service with gluten-free options.