“Classy Bar, Food and Service”
Review of Langton's

Langton's
Ranked #10 of 229 Restaurants in Kilkenny
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Our extensive Bar and A la Carte menus are available both in our Restaurant and Bar. Food is served all day until 10:30pm. Langton's Bar is a buzzing environment where you can enjoy authentic traditional Irish food in relaxed, comfortable and stylish surroundings. Winner and current holder of the 'National Bar of the Year' (Best Bar in Ireland) award a record 5 times! Live Irish Music from 7 to 9pm. Sample some of our 7 local beers on tap, the most available anywhere in Kilkenny. The Langton Room Restaurant The award-winning Langton Room is a unique dining experience. This elegant restaurant exudes warmth, friendliness, sophistication, charm and character. Explore our exquisite yet simple menus, created using the finest locally-sourced ingredients, offering the perfect mix of traditional Irish and international cuisine.
Reviewed May 6, 2013

The art deco light fixtures, deep leather chairs and well stocked and attractive bars provide delightful ambiance. We stopped here for lunch and dinner on a Bank Holiday Monday. The servers and bartenders were friendly, professional, efficient and unobtrusive. From luncheon sandwiches to dinner entrees and desserts we were pleased with the variety and quality of offerings. The prices were fair and there is some talent in the kitchen.

If we lived here, I am sure we would be regulars. A nice crowd of well behaved locals and visitors. Pleasant and exuberant music on some evenings.

Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Myself and three cousins stopped in for dinner and we had a great time. The entertainment was Tom Comerford and he was fantastic. We really enjoyed the Irish music and would definitely go again on our next trip.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

As a local of Kilkenny city, I have long been a fan of Langtons hotel and restaurant so it is with disappointment that I write this review.
Myself, my partner, our 10 month old baby and our friend went to Langtons last Saturday the 27th of April for lunch. Upon our arrival we were told that the menus were being printed and would take a few minutes. This we understood as it was 12.30. However, fifteen minutes later, there were no menus, we hadn't been offered any drinks and our baby was getting a little cranky (as you know, babies don't have the greatest patience when hungry). When we finally got our menus, I quickly asked the barman (the same man as earlier) if he served scrambled egg (for baby) he replied 'yes' and as I mid sentence asked could we get a portion, he ignored me and walked on, handing out menus to the rest of the guests. Needless to say we were all a bit stunned and even more so when he stood in behind the bar, further ignoring us. Of course we got up and walked out, as the same man watched us. My only regret is that we did not complain in person.
We ended up going to the Hibernian (a beautiful hotel/restaurant off the high street) where we couldn't have had a more different experience. Our baby was the most looked after person in the restaurant. High chair immediately and a beautiful bowl of fresh vegetables and soup for no extra cost.
I am not one to ever complain online but being a new mum I know how important situations like these are, which is why I was very disappointed with Langtons hotel and felt the need to bring them aware of this.

2  Thank Anne M
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Nce pub in the centre of town. It's very big, probably the biggest in Kilkenny - very nice decor inside. They also have a restaurant which does some excellent food. There is a nightclub too but I can't comment on that.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

I wouldn't go here again... It was nice food, but very limited menu and fairly expensive... However, the desserts were excellent!