“Staff Brilliant” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ristorante Rinuccini

Ristorante Rinuccini
Ranked #2 of 216 Restaurants in Kilkenny
Cuisines: Italian, European
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Award winning Ristorante Rinuccini is a fine-dining Italian restaurant owned and run by the Cavaliere family in the heart of Kilkenny. Established in 1989, Rinuccini is the city's longest established restaurant, Rinuccini is renowned for its cuisine, service, decor and extensive wine list catering for lunch, dinner, group bookings and private dining. Celebrating 27 years in business, Rinuccini are long-time supporters of the South-East's artisan producers whilst their Italian ingredients are imported directly from their home surroundings of Lazio, Italy. Ristorante Rinuccini are recent winners of the Irish Restaurant Association of Ireland's 'Best Customer Service' in Ireland 2015 and 'Best Wine Experience' in Leinster 2016.
Skerries, Ireland
“Staff Brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

This is the first time that I have come to a real Italian restaurant in Ireland, one that reminded me of Bologna. The ambiance, the attention to detail and the helpfulness of the staff. And all that was before we ate. We were booked in on the 24th April and before the food was served my wife collapsed and an ambulance was called. The staff were so helpful I could not thank them enough.

I only tasted a slice of bread. It was fresh out of the oven, crusty on the outside melted in the middle. It was divine.

We will be back. I want to embrace the full experience

Visited April 2013

Franklin, Tennessee
“Yummy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

Great food and service. This was actually my second time to go, and again, I was not disappointed. We tried several different dishes, and loved everything we got.

Visited May 2013
Westfield, Massachusetts
“Fine Italian-Circa 1970”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

A posse of waiters in tuxedos; a large wine cellar viewed through glass windows, an assortment of Italian dishes that were popular a long time ago, this is a well run and well crafted restaurant that seems to stake out its own turf. They source a number of fine ingredients from around Ireland and don't stick to the traditional Italian repertoire.

On a busy bank holiday weekend, we were served by five or six waiters working an area team strategy that was hard to decipher. It mostly worked, but you never knew who was going to take which part of the order or who would bring what.

The owners have been building their successes since opening in 1989. It is a friendly and semi-formal place that is both entertaining and unobtrusive.

Homemade chicken liver pate is one of their celebrated starters. Quite good, but not particularly Italian. It is served with slivers of ciabatta bread almos drowned in garlic. Since we had the same starter and main, fusili with Irish salmon, chocolate mousse and gelato for dessert, I don't feel qualified to opine on how they execute other dishes. I did wince when they asked whether we wanted grated parmesan on the pasta. which would make most Italians squirm added to the fish.

This is an attractive and reliable restaurant occupying a strange hybrid niche on the gastronomic scene. You are not in Italy, but you might get a few glimpses of what is on offer.

• Visited May 2013
Hampstead, North Carolina
“Not your typical Italian restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

I usually pass on Italian restaurants, but this time we took our hotel's recommendation and tried Rinuccini. It was excellent. The decor is lovely and the food divine. I ordered the short ribs of beef and they were outstanding. My husband also enjoyed his beef canneloni. This was definitely one of my favorite restaurants in our 2 week trip around Ireland.

Visited April 2013
New Jersey
“Amazing Italian Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

A must if you like Italian food. It is right across the street from Kilkenny Castle (and around the corner from Butler Court hotel). We had just flown in that day and had slept through lunch, so we were able to take advantage of the Early Bird menu at 5:30pm. It was a Wednesday and 5:30pm, so we were able to just walk right in and get a table which was nice. The restaurant has white linens and a cozy, romantic atmosphere. We were in jeans and sweaters (and rain gear), but the nicely dressed staff didn’t bat an eye which made us feel welcomed and no longer under-dressed. Each member of the staff was so lovely. The wine selection was good – we had prosecco and Vino Nobile. We each chose to do the 2-course early bird and I had the most amazing Involtini Melanzane and my husband had the cured beef with whipped cheese which he said was also amazing. I then had the homemade fettuccini with fresh tomato basil sauce (it originally came with meatballs, but they were very kind and accommodating to make me the vegetarian version sans meatballs). The pasta was so fresh it was just absolute Heaven! My husband went with the short rib risotto. The meat literally fell off the bone it was so tender. It smelled out of this world and my husband concurred that it also tasted that way too. We finished off the night with a glass of limoncello. This was by far one of the best Italian meals we’ve ever eaten and we’ve been to Italy!

• Visited April 2013