“A Must See!”

Siamsa Tire National Folk Theatre
More attraction details
Owner description: Founded in 1974, then relocated to its new home in Tralee Town Park in 1991, Siamsa Tire 'Celebrates the Irish Culture through the Arts and is Home to the National Folk Theatre'. The venue provides a varied and rich arts programme year-round and between May to September hosts National Folk Theatre Productions and an Irish Folk Festival.
Los
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A Must See!”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

The show was fantastic! If you enjoy Irish dance and music this is a show you will not want to miss. A must see when visiting Tralee.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Hilary M

• Greek first
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Excellent.”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

The first time I visited siamsa was on a holiday with my aunties as somthing to do whilst the boys were at football. I enjoyed it so much that now when we visit its a must do. Have just had our 5th visit seeing oilean. The productions are always so good, you don't need any Irish to understand the stories (the little free synopsis helps) I highly recommend no other theatre Is like it.
A must do for any holiday.

2 Thank Joanne M
Wicklow, Ireland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best place to stay in Kerry”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

In Tralee there's lots to see and do irrespective of the weather.
The Hotel Spa is open every day, and one can make an appointment if weather is very wet. Wetlands were nearby and very interesting. Need a car to visit Ring of Kerry, Dingle, etc.

Dunstable, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Agreat evening out”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We just wandered over to this theatre on the off chance that we might get seats. Lovely little theatre, and we saw a show which gave us everything we wanted to sum up a holiday in Southern Ireland; song, dance, and a good story to follow ..Again, the staff were great and we had a great time.

2 Thank Julie B
kerry
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“What a night to remember ''Turas''”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I have seldom been to a show,which made me want to write a review as soon as I got home,
Last night I attended the wonderful show '' Turas'' which is new to Siamsa. What a performance:) These musicians would bring the house down, such a talented bunch of people. Last night I learned that they were from various parts of Ireland and beyond, so getting together for rehersals must be hard for them. They worked so well together. I was very impressed with Roisin Ryan, who was on fiddle and vocals, what a voice. I could have listned to her all night. Richie Murray who played so many instruments Whistle,Flutes, uilean pipes and also percussion, what a talented man. The wonderful box player who is a Kerry man is Conor Moriarty, and the very talented guitar player was Conal O'Keane, who hails from philadelphia.
Ciaran Mulderrig was on piano and Keyboard and also gave a wonderful performance, of course I have to give the 3 wonderful dancers a mention, they would put life in any of us, I wanted to tap along with them. They were Ciara Callannan Ryan, Tara Tangney and Sean Hanafin, who is also a Kerry native, what talented people. The venue itself is wonderful and the sound is perfect. I just want just to say a big thanks to all the wonderful performers who gave us such a wonderful show, and also the wonderful staff and management at Siamsa Tire who are always so warm and welcoming.

6 Thank babybellkerry