“Ideal location.”

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Tralee
Cork
“Ideal location.”
Reviewed March 5, 2008

While on business in Tralee I stayed the Manor West Hotel for one night. I found the hotel to be very modern and comfortable. My room was nice and big and had everything one would expect and ladies, the hotel is located beside a fine shopping centre. My only complaint was the limited menu available in the bar.

• Liked — bed room
  • Disliked — bar food
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Polish first
Brighton
Reviewed February 22, 2008

Good Business hotel, excellent staff, rooms big & clean although out of town

• Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
Ireland
Reviewed February 18, 2008

We are only back from a fantastic weekend in tralee.we stayed in manor west hotel on the killarney road.the rooms were very modern and spotlessly clean.we ate in the walnut room restaurant .the extentsive menu was wonderful with a great choice to choose from..something for every taste..and great value for money.all staff we found to be very friendly and helpful..We would diffinately recommend this hotel for comfort,value for money and exceptional food.

• Liked — Great food
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed January 21, 2008

Hotel was excellent - I could not fault one thing about the weekend I spent there with my boyfriend. It is situated in a Retail Park but you don't even notice that once you step inside the door. I am definately going back - again and again.

The only fault is that the hotel is in Tralee - not the most active or appealing town that ever existed.

Hotel was top class though.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — It was in Tralee
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
cork
Reviewed January 11, 2008

I have stayed in this hotel quite a number of times in 2007 and once just recently in 2008. I have to say firstly that it is a beautiful modern hotel and the rooms are fantastic. I have stayed in a double room, a double and single room and a master suite(highly recommended).The staff have always been friendly and nice and I enjoy the shopping complex next door.Unfortunatelty the breakfast is really poor and needs urgent attention by the management. I have ate in the bar for dinner and a also carvery and both were very very nice. It is then very strange when you get a really disgusting breakfast. I have tried different things on the menu and all were as bad as each other. I would not order it again, it was that bad. I also have a bone to pick with the management. This year the mini bar prices have gone way up. Vodka from 4.75 to 6.50. That in my opinon is a little bit much and I feel they are steadily going from a very reasonable hotel to a much more expensive one. Only for this I would have said I would have said I would stay again but I am a little put off by this. Is everything gradually going to increase hugely???

• Liked — Rooms were beautiful
  • Disliked — The Breakfast!!!
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
Dublin Ireland
Reviewed October 28, 2007

Good location on outskirts of the town but you do need a car. A new & modern shopping mall is right beside the hotel. We stayed in a suite on the top floor with extensive windows & huge balcony but views were disappointing. Staff were very pleasant & welcoming. We stayed 2 nights over a weekend when almost all the other guests were elderly card playing people from rural parts of Ireland. The suite was the only accommodation available & we thought it overpriced when compared to the weekend rates for a standard room. The only problem we encountered was that we could not get a dinner table before 8 p.m on the afternoon of arrival & on our 2nd. morning had to wait for a table until the staff had replenished the buffet & caught up with the back log created by the group of old folks who all seemed to eat together & at the same slow pace. We would suspect that the conditions we encountered were abnormal & had we been aware that the hotel had been virtually taken over by the group of old folks we would have booked elsewhere. One benefit was that at least they were not noisy & went to bed early leaving the bar quiet & empty unlike some wdding parties we had encountered previously.

• Liked — Clean & spacious suite.
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank battyee
Cork
Reviewed August 29, 2007

I have stayed in Manor West 4 times in past year as my husband has family in Tralee. We have stayed in other Tralee hotels and there is no comparison. We got our breaks thru the Supervalue promotion so got fantastic value for money but would consider paying their full rate for the outstanding service and facilities in hotel. The decor in the hotel is lovely and everything is so modern and stylish.Staff are v friendly & efficient in general.Small complaint, had a massage & facial booked in their spa on a visit last Oct. Unfortunaley, tho I had booked it weeks in advance, they informed me on the morning that they couldn't do the pregnancy massage I was looking forward to as they hadn't the necessary pregnancy pillow they required(tho it was advertised on their brochure & website). I was v disappointed but the facial was lovely. Their leisure facilities are fab,tho water in pool has been bit on cold side several times.Have eaten in the restaurant which is lovely and we find the bar food selection is tasty & reasonable but could do with some entertainment on w/end evenings in the bar.The breakfast selection is fab, guaranteed to put on few pounds. Hope to return to MW in next few weeks with our new baby to test their child friendliness!

• Liked — Above average rooms, decor and service
  • Disliked — Temperature in bar was quite cold on several visits, also temp in pool.
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled on business