“Hands down my favourite daytime spot in Tralee”
Review of Yummy Cafe Market

Yummy Cafe Market
Ranked #2 of 114 Restaurants in Tralee
Cuisines: American, Irish, Healthy
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Relaxed Family Style Restaurant serving Daily Specials, Gourmet Sandwiches, Hot Meals, Homemade Soups and Salads - Specialising in using local produce, freshly cooked to order and yet still providing value for money. Catering for all dietary needs, and providing facilities for families. The imaginative rustic interior is welcoming.Based in Tralee town centre, Yummy also includes a local food market with a delicious range of produce. #Tralee #Kerry #Ireland Full Details on Social Media yummycafemarket
Tralee, Ireland
“Hands down my favourite daytime spot in Tralee”
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Yummy's is a fantastic cafe and a wonderful addition to Tralee. Since having baby number 2 over 6 months ago, I can honestly say that it has given me my sanity back! I come here at least twice a week and sometimes more as the play area is fantastic for keeping my 2 year old occupied and allowing me some time to enjoy a cup of coffee (usually impossible anywhere else!).

I see another reviewer found the number and decibel level of children in the cafe disruptive and while I completely understand their point, in my opinion, this is the very reason why Yummy's is such a success. For mothers of young children, such as myself, it is refreshing to feel welcome in a cafe with a buggy (double in my case!) and kids and be catered for properly. It is not unusual elsewhere in Tralee, to feel a nuisance when you have children with you. So, for those who want a nice quiet chat (and who don't like the disruption of kids) there are probably more suitable places nearby.

The staff are hands down the nicest staff I have come across anywhere. They are friendly, efficient, patient and really lovely to deal with. In particular, there is a Brazilian guy working in there who is the smiliest, friendly person you will ever meet and he lifts my heart every time I go in and see him working, honestly! He will always stop and have a few words and is so positive and happy.

If I was to point out one area for improvement, and I do this reluctantly but in the interest of balance (and is the reason for giving 4 stars instead of 5) it is the price of the kids dishes. €4.50 for a very small bowl of pasta with 2 small triangles of garlic bread which I got in there today for my 2 year old seemed excessive. I would have thought that €3 or €3.50 would have been more appropriate for what we got. It will not in any way stop me going to Yummy's but it will mean I won't purchase any kids meals again.

That aside, this is a wonderful spot and I can't recommend it highly enough. Well done!

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Shuvvie
KenTralee, Public Relations Manager at Yummy Cafe Market, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Thanks a million for your fantastic and honest review, it's brilliant for us to see someone who gets great enjoyment out of our place. I'll pass on the review to our gang in the cafe, especially Marcello (our brazilian star).
I think you are right with the kids food, and it's something we will be sorting out in our Spring / Summer menu...next time your'e in will you let the lads know what menu items you'd like to see and we'll see how affordable we can make them in our new menu.

“Lovely place, great food but bring earplugs”
Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

Yummy is a welcome addition to Tralee. Staff are very helpful and knowledgeable and the food is excellent as is the decor. My only gripe is , it's very noisy in there especially as there is a kids play area. I'm sure this is a good selling point for parents with small kids but for everyone else it detracts from the experience. I could barely hear the conversation with my companion. I would avoid the place if I had an elderly relative with me as they would be likely to be ran into by little rugrats.

Ps in not Victor Meldrew!

Food is lovely, great variety, excellent price point and very hospitable staff. Just ask parents to keep their kids under control for safety reasons alone, let alone the sanity of other patrons.

1 Thank KerrySpraoi
KenTralee, Public Relations Manager at Yummy Cafe Market, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Thanks for the review Kerry Spraoi - all good points, and pretty much all spot on, and we agree sometimes we are a noisy busy bunch! Yep when families are in the cafe it can be noisy, but give me the noise of a busy cafe anyday over one of those stuffy ones where your'e afraid to whisper, or worse again one of those restaurants where everyone's on their phone tapping away to their virtual friends ;) Give me real friends, real noise, real laughter and conversation anyday!
Bring the earplugs next time but that'll spoil your conversation, do what I do, block it out with your own laughter, talk louder...shout if you have to ;)
Wexford, Ireland
“Simple and cheap”
Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

Simple and cheap however felt as certain parts of the ceasar salad were tasteless and bland, needs more flavor

Visited March 2014
Gotcha Aoife, more taste in the Caesar...I'll let chef know and we'll start experimenting a bit...it's tough with a classic like Caesar...if you want real flavour can I recommend our Tournafulla Black Pudding salad (happens to be my fav) it's really really Yummy!
Tralee, Ireland
“Pity about the food but good staff andgreat family setting”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I tried here twice and I didn't enjoy either of my dining experiences, my kids love the place but didn't eat what we bought them !! they are very good people working/running this place and I may be a bit picky about my food, but honestly the food is average best..

• Visited January 2014
Thanks for the review Shane, don't know about being 'average at best' but we'll take it on the chin and put it down to 'must do better' - if you do decide to give us another shout please please let us know when you are in what you think of the grub, you'll find that we really do our best to please and we are more than happy to change, adjust or create something to suit everyone's tasty - and don't consider yourself "picky"....people deserve good food ALL the time for their hard earned money.
Ireland
“Where Yummy meets Gluten Free Yummy”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I ate here last week as was in Tralee for two days and it was fab, the only word that could sum it all up is homely, just like you would make at home, really filling and wholesome. I ordered the toasted sandwich on gluten free bread and a cup of soup for an extra 2E. The GF was proper homemade brown bread, not a sliced pan. The soup is so homely, you would know it had nothing added bar wholesome veg. Ate there again friday, the tomatoe soup was heaven! They are very good for gluten free with many desserts on offer too. Great value for what you get. If I had to critique I would say some people may be put off with the large communial tables and 'where do I order'. The other thing is the menu is quiet small but after eating I can understand why, they have a small menu but what comes out is fab, so its better to do it right with a small menu than wrong with a large menu! Well done on the Gluten free aspect, will definately be back when in Tralee again.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Bohard
KenTralee, Public Relations Manager at Yummy Cafe Market, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
MadgeM, thanks a mil for your review & delighted you enjoyed our Gluten Free options! Great review overall, and we a really glad to hear you'll be back for more!