“Would not recommend..for many reasons”
Review of Bistro

Bistro
Ranked #61 of 116 Restaurants in Tralee
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

I work close to the Manor West and go out for lunch once or twice a week. I would travel across the town rather than go here. I have given them so many chances and it's still terrible.

I have only ever eaten in the bar, and so can't comment on the restaurant. The food ranges between bad and average. (Just for example, I've had to send back an egg salad sandwich because hrs eggs were gone off, I've often ordered the toasted special and it tastes moldy (seriously... A number of times), the bread that comes with the soup is regularly stale.)

However, the main reason I'm giving one star is the service. It's just so bad-somebody needs to train the staff!

On my most recent visit (I had decided to give them another go, because I was short on time and wanted to get a quick lunch). It was late when I went (2.30 , maybe closer to 3pm) so the bar wasn't very busy). I sat for almost 15 minutes trying to get a staff members attention. Staff (including the bar manager) walked past my table 15 times, (yes I started counting) and didn't even look my way. They were fussing over arranging a table for something, maybe a group.

In the end, I just left, and I don't think they even noticed. I promised myself that was the last chance and I haven't gone back since. So frustrating...

5  Thank Molltralee

Reviewed January 4, 2014

I book this for my daughters communion it cost me 800euro for 60ppl the chicken was pink inside half of my party guest were unable to make it and noel a worker at manor west told me he only served half the food and dumped the rest without my say so some guests had turned up late and hungry yet he had put 400 of my money in a bin they treated us as if we were no body's bar man that I had to pay 50euro for the day was rude to the kids and adults I cryed for days after this my first borns communion ruined because of them I will never return here ever

3  Thank daiseythecake
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Stayed here after a wedding in Ballyseede - location wise excellant... we did room only basis & it worked out great. Staff ordered a taxi for us & Security Guard on at night was v.helpful..

Only problem with hotel is that it can be a bit noisy... we stayed on first floor & your awoken to staff emptying bins/bottles... plus you could hear people in another room getting busy....

Rooms though are lovely & so hotel so near Manor West Shops - perfect for shopping for xmas...

Love Tralee.... for shopping.

1  Thank KillowenCork
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

The bar is very nice and there was a good atmosphere. But that's all I can say was good. I came here with my partner and 2 year old son. I had the Mexican wrap which even tho I ate I wouldn't order again. It was just ok! My partner got the Cajun chicken wrap which he said was terrible. We also ordered tomato penne pasta for our son. I wouldn't give this to anyone. It was all pasta and no sauce! What sauce was there was pure watered down. It came in a huge bowl not even an adult would eat. I was very disappointed as I have eaten here before and was better.

1  Thank JulieDee11
Reviewed August 7, 2013

The staff were very welcoming, great choice on menus and the food was presented beautifully and tasted just as good as it looked. I recommend the seafood chowder and fish and chips, Delicious!!.Children's menus were the best I have ever seen, as I have a 12 yr old boy he would normally choose from adult menu ,however he found the kid's more than satisfactory, with lots of delicious choices for starters, mains and desserts, and not a chicken nugget or sausage in sight, but I think that if that's what you wanted the staff would have went out of their way to get it for you. Breakfast choice was varied and freshly cooked pancakes hit the mark, children were offered a hot chocolate with melting marshmallows to their delight, and a happy child makes for a happy parent!!! An all round brilliant restaurant.

1  Thank Sharleen M