“Excellent B&B and great value”
Review of Brook Manor Lodge

Brook Manor Lodge
Ranked #3 of 54 Tralee B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Stopped here out of season, so we were the only ones there for most of the four nights. It's almost like a mini-hotel really with a small reception and lounge.

Room was spotless, comfortably furnished and very cosy. It was made up every day to perfection (unlike some other B&Bs!).

The breakfast is superb with a vast array of choice. Cereals, muesli, yogurts and fruit cocktails plus there is  an extensive continental style table as well with cold meats and cheeses if you wish. From the menu we often had the full Irish breakfast - it was great with not a hint of greasiness. Also, the smoked salmon and scrambled eggs was tasty. An option was the porridge with fruits and a shot of Baileys (we resisted!). Our boys loved the pancakes and maple syrup too. We went away each day not needing a lunch as breakfast hadn't worn off. You can watch hypnotically the local colourful bird wildlife on the feeders outside the breakfast veranda whole dining.

Sandra is a very warm and gracious host and waved us off as we departed. Overall,  highly recommended!

• Stayed: October 2011
3  Thank FourDee

Reviewed September 29, 2011

My wife & I stayed on our honeymoon at the Brook Manor Lodge & LOVED IT! We came in kind of late and the front desk was VERY HELPFUL helping us find food. The beds & showers were great & we had a breakfast fit for a king. Brook Manor Lodge was the best place we stayed in all of Ireland & by far the best value.

Thanks a million to the inn keeper for a wonderful chat & in depth knowledge of the area.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Brook Manor Lodge is lovely. It is close to town with good restaurants nearby. Our room was very nicely decorated and spacious. The bath was very nice. Breakfast was delicious and served in a conservatory with wonderful garden views. Sandra was very gracious and helpful, with good recommendations about local restaurants. The guest lounge is comfortable, and has DVDs for guests and a computer for internet access.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2011

Two adults, a 7 and 6 year old and a 9 week old baby. We stayed in the family room, a very large double room with ensuite with an archway leading into a good sized twin room with ensuite. A travel cot was provided for the baby.
We would really recommend this B&B, we were welcomed and looked after very well, we only stayed one night at the end of our holiday but would happily have stayed much longer. Very comfortable and good value.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Excellent accomdation, food, location and hospitality. Very clean and comfortable. Will be our choice of accomodation when visiting Tralee in the future. You can't beat the personal touch!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2011

My daughter Nikki and I stayed here for the first two nights of our three week trip on May 20 & 21 2011. I must say that next time I go to Ireland, not if, I will be staying here.
We had no problem finding the place after our very long journey from Illinois and landing in Dublin, discovering the local tyre shops and going to two salvage yards. Our trip did not start out really smooth. We were concerned the tone was set for the trip until we arrived at Brooke Manor Lodge.

Upon arrive we were greeted at the stoop. Standing in the rain waiting for us to get out of the car was Sandra, the nicest woman imaginable. I was so tired I hardly remember checking in other than being shown the room and told if we needed anything to let her know and asked if we would like her to fix us a sandwich. Her husband Charles carried our bags up for us.

We were made to feel at home for our two nights. Sandra was great at giving directions and advice on things to see and do. Make sure you drive down to Fenit, the coast is beautiful. I also enjoyed just strolling around the yard. Tralee, wonderful, I was disappointed that we didn't have longer to stay in this area.

We had room 10, maybe? It was great being upstairs in the corner, we had a great view and didn't hear people coming and going. The room had a table with chairs and two comfortable beds, extra blankets were available. I left the curtain open a little at night so I woke up to the awesome view of the mountains. The door keys are old fashion skeleton keys which will take some getting use to if you haven't used them before. We had a hard time making the shower work. We could get water in the tub but not out of the shower head. I do remember what seemed like a five minute instruction on the use of the remotes for the t.v. so I know Sandra would have been perfectly happy to come back up to explain the shower if I called down. I was just tired and didn't want to redress for this so we decided on just taking baths.

We ended up missing breakfast the first day and was offered something before we left. We declined because of the time as she does have set hours for breakfast. There is a food market down the road that you can pick up something if you want or you can stop a the gas station on the same corner. Breakfast on the second day was great. There was plenty of fresh fruit, cold cereal, coffee at the buffett and then you could also order off the full menu, I had pancakes that looked so pretty and tasted even better. Checking out was smooth and no surprises. Once again we were offered help with our bags but we had already had them in the car.

Over all we had a very pleasant stay in a clean welcoming environment. Sandra and Charles went out of their way more than once to make us comfortable and feel welcome they were always available if we needed anything. This is their home and they make a person feel as a visiting family member.

Thank you Sandra, you set the standard for everywhere else we went. I can hardly wait to visit with you again. Next time it will be a longer stay at Brooke Manor Lodge.

Room Tip: best view facing mountains in backyard, specify at booking if you cann't do stairs or a need gro...
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night during our 1+ week trip driving around Ireland. It was advertised as a luxury B&B on a website and boy were they right. The B&B was very big, well kept, clean and spacious. We stayed in a room that had a big bed, about 6 windows, a couch and a vanity. The bathroom was nice and clean and the water pressure was good. Free wifi was provided.

We arrived and had no problem with checking in. Sandra, the host, was extremely friendly and explained everything to us. Breakfast the next morning was the BEST breakfast we had during our whole trip. A continental breakfast buffet was set up and then you could order off of a hot menu. The coffee was great! The food was delicious! The room where the dining room was located was spacious, sunny and was beautifully decorated.

The bedrooms had an old style lock/key system. Skeleton keys as some would call them. It was a bit difficult getting into and out of our room because we had to lock the door manually each time. If you didn't put the key in the lock the right way, the room would not lock. It added to the Manors unique touch though! I would highly recommend this B&B to anyone!

The only constructive criticism I have would be about how the Manor smelled. It smelled like a funeral home. Lots of calla lilies! In the U.S., that smell is associated with funeral homes and that is all I could think about every time I would step out of my room.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple