“Centrally located budget hotel”
Review of Imperial Hotel

and 1 more site!
Imperial Hotel
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Tralee
Reviewed May 9, 2014

This is an old style hotel without lifts to upper floors, so if you have a problem with stairs this is not for you. I enjoyed my stay over the May bank holiday week-end. The room was comfortable and clean, my only complaint was that the milk provided for tea and coffee was out of date. The food in the bar down stairs was excellent and reasonably priced. Over-all the service was very good and staff very friendly and efficient. Good value in my opinion.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank DMario
OliveSheehan1, Owner at Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2014

Dear Etienneandhelena

Thank you for submitting your review on your time with us. It is very pleasing to hear such positive feedback. I am delighted you enjoyed your time with us and especially your meal. I will pass your comments on to our head chef Brenda and all the staff.
Tripadvisor is a vital tool in gaining more business so thank you for this review on here.
I hope you enjoyed your trip to Ireland overall and if you are ever in the area again , we would love to welcome you back to The Imperial.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

I had the pleasure of spending 8 days at the Imperial Hotel on Denny St., Tralee Co. Kerry and I must say as one who has stayed in hotel all over the world the Imperial Hotel in Tralee was the best experience I've every had. The staff, room and the service was next to perfect. The staff and the owners of the Hotel could not do enough for me and look after every whim I had. This hotel is the best place to stay in Tralee, Co. Kerry, Ireland.

Room Tip: There is no swimming pool I hit this section by accident. Room on the back side of the hotel are qui...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank 656Joseph47
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We went out for dinner here recently and regretted it, the staff were untidy with dirty uniforms unkept hair and dirty hands and fingernails they were barley 16 if that and serving alcohol.Glasses were dirty with lipstick stains on them and the food was mediocre, I ordered a curry which had clearly been made using a packet of sauce bought in the nearby store, will never go back.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
imperialhoteltralee, Owner at Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Dear Mairead

It was with deep regret I read your recent review of your experience in the Imperial Hotel..

It is through customer feedback that a business improves, grows and progresses.

I take all your observations very seriously and would welcome the opportunity at your convenience to discuss the issues in greater detail.
You can contact me directly on 066 7127755.

Once again I would like to express my disappointment about your experience with us and look forward to hopefully hearing from you soon.

Proprietor .

Reviewed March 9, 2014

the Imperial is right in the centre of town and with off street parking is very convenient. the rooms, food and staff are great. the breakfasts were great and so was the bar food, very reasonable too. I will stay there again

Room Tip: enjoy, the rooms at the back were great
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed December 19, 2013

We stayed in Imperial Hotel last Weekend on the 13th Dec for two nights. Our room was excellent, very clean and spacious, the staff were very friendly, which made our stay very pleasant , anytime we visit Tralee again,we won't hesitate to stay in the Imperial Hotel.

Gene,Aine Young.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We were quests of Kerry International Film Festival this October and spent there 4 nights. Great hotel and great friendly stuff! Some of the nicest people we have met during our trip around the world ;-) . What else?? Fantastic breakfasts - you must try scrambled eggs with IRISH salmon and/or an amazing goat cheese they serve. They have also a nice pub with a really good menu and are located in the centre of town which is always an advantage. Friendly atmosphere of this hotel is something we will always remember and hopefully return there next year!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank DawidMarcinkowski
Reviewed October 22, 2013

The location in the town centre was perfect for us and we stayed at the Imperial Hotel for a total of 3 days to attend my wife's daughters wedding. All the staff were brilliant and friendly, nothing was too much trouble from the moment we walked through the door. Food was excellent for breakfast and early bird dinner. I commented that their breakfast was far superior to the breakfast we had at the more expensive wedding venue hotel. We would have no hesitation in staying here again when we come back to Tralee.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back I think are quieter as Denny St is quite busy, we were at the back. Be aware that...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
imperialhoteltralee, Owner at Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Dear Thomas
Thank you for your kind words and positive feedback, it is always good to hear.
I will pass on your compliments to our staff , I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and in particular the food.
Once again sincere thanks for taking the time to review the Imperial Hotel , we hope we will welcome you back on another occasion.
Proprietor