“Home from Home”

Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Tralee
Dublin, Ireland
“Home from Home”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I have stayed in The Grand Hotel on a number of occasions over the past 3 years and I always look forward to coming back to this excellent Hotel. The staff & facilities are all excellent. I am a business traveler and this Hotel ticks all the boxes and exceeds my expectations every time I visit. The Broadband is excellent, the Quality of food is extremely high and the bedrooms are all very modern & clean. When I arrived tonight for my meal I was met by Ger in the Bar who always makes me feel welcome and has great local knowledge of the local area and then hands me today's paper to read while awaiting my meal which was excellent quality & great value.

Room Tip: All the rooms I have stayed in over the past 3 years have been to a very high standard.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Lampeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 19, 2014

A welcoming open fire and a spotlessly clean reception area makes for a great welcome to the Grand Hotel. My reservation was dealt with efficiently from a very friendly receptionist. My room was spotlessly clean and very comfortable, I stayed for five nights and can only praise the standard of service and quality of the management and staff. The food in both the restaurant and the bar was excellent and the bar service has to be seen to be believed, excellent quality food served all day. A most enjoyable stay and already looking forward to a return visit. Irish hospitality at its best.

Room Tip: Always had a comfortable room each time that I have stayed at The Grand
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Lampeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Once again,Dick and the staff have excelled with yet another great stay at the Grand.Everyone makes you feel so welcome and cant do enough for you from the smiling Ann behind the bar to Eileen who manages and makes sure everything is running like a well oiled machine.Quality of food is excellent for any time of day i,m already looking forward to the next visit having been going there for over 20 years

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Chesterfield, NJ
Reviewed February 11, 2014

We arrived here when the weather was on the cold side... which was evident outside the hotel as well as inside our room! The staff was very responsive, turning our heat up and eventually bringing us a space heater. We were on the third floor (there are no elevators- so be weary if you are with elderly or handicapped travelers), so maybe lower floors fared better. Sadly, the bed was not very comfortable. We ended up with a full size bed (and another bed in the room too), although I thought I had reserved a king size. I'm sure it was my own mistake. The room was spacious though, as was the bathroom. Very clean. The employees were very nice and the location was perfect. Right in the center of the city. We ate at the pub for a late lunch (good food/good value) and had the breakfast in the morning which was included in our package. Decent buffet followed by a hot meal. Again, good food, nothing too fancy. The waitress, restaurant mgr., desk clerk, bellman were all very professional and kind.

Room Tip: As there is no elevator, older travelers may need to specifically request a lower floor.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed February 10, 2014

The Grand hotel is ideally located in The centre of Tralee
Being welcomed by the warm open fire on a cold February evening and the equally welcoming manager on duty Eileen
I headed straight in to the lovely
Hotel bar to enjoy a pre dinner drink
Dinner in the hotel restaurant was excellent
We had lovely local Kerry beef with a lovely Malbec from Argentina
The hotel room was spotless and comfortable
All hotel staff were great
Looking forward to getting back again soon

• Stayed February 2014
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I booked this hotel because of tripadvisor comments and was a little disappointed. Some parts of the hotel are quite old, although our room was modern inside. There is no lift and we were on the third floor. Fantastic location close to the city center, helpful staff. Breakfast was really poor for the price we paid. Poor WIFI in our room. For less of that money you would get a nice B&B.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank pepitopulpito
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Such comfort that can only be found at home, is in the heart of Tralee.Fantastic 2 nights and most welcomed by the staff. The atmosphere welcoming and the service was second to none. The staff were very helpful. The restaurant was clean and the food beautiful.

• Stayed January 2014