“Nice place”

Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Tralee
Clearwater, Florida
“Nice place”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

The staff was very accommodating and friendly. Special kudos to Tina. The room was clean. The pillows were kinda hard but I noticed at the front desk that they do have alternative pillow selections available. Had to untuck the tightly tucked sheets before I got into bed. Towel issue resolved quickly. I was in room 106, which was small but adequate for one person. Desk level electric outlets available (but you had to unplug other things in order to use.) The bathroom had a nice size vanity to spread out all my stuff, but the lighting was not effective for good makeup application. No lift/elevator, but luggage was carried to room at check-in. Well-used restaurant/bar. Occasional traditional music in late evening. The food I had was really good. Good location in town center. 10 minute walk from bus station. Lovely "Roses of Tralee" park a short walk away. Classic small hotel. Please see my photos for more information. I would stay here again. If you found my review helpful, please click on "yes." Thanks.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank kitchenchemist
GrandHotelTralee, General Manager at The Grand Hotel Tralee, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Thank you for taking time out to post comments on Trip Advisor. The few issues that you have raised are very easily overcomed but we are very grateful to you for bringing them to our attention.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I travel around the country alot for work however being from limerick and living a mere two hours away from Tralee I had planned to return home that evening, unfortunately I got held up much later then anticipated. Having been up since 6 that morning I was shattered and decided to at least look into booking a hotel for the night if it wasnt too expensive! I had eaten in 'The Grand' earlier that day and enjoyed my meal so it was the first place I tried. The girl on the phone was friendly and helpful she booked me into a double room on the first floor for a great price. I arrived less then 30mins after making my booking and the same girl at the front desk gave me advice as to where to pick up any essentials I would need for the night as I had not packed anything. All in all my stay in the grand hotel was a flying visit however the next time I'm in Tralee again it will be my first port of call, the room was clean ,staff were friendly and the food downstairs was great.( I had the fajitas,delicious!!!!)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Sarah744
Lovely to hear your comments on Trip Advisor. The next time your passing through Tralee, call in and make yourself know to management. We would only be too glad to welcome you back.
christchurch
Reviewed November 7, 2012

recently spent a few days at the Grand Hotel whilst playing golf at Tralee Golf Club. Excellent hotel with brilliant staff. Rooms very comfortable and value for money. The adjoining bar couldnt have accomodated us any better and the food is 5 star. Many thanks to all the staff who helped make our trip all the more enjoyable. We will be back.

Room Tip: all the rooms I same were great
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank xchdave
Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. The Hotel is indeed very popular with visitors to Tralee Golf Club, they often comment on the convenience of a town centre location. The Head Chef is delighted with your “food is 5 stars” comment. We hope he doesn’t get a swelled head. Hope to welcome you back sometime soon.
Limerick,Ireland
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed in early november,great location and free parking. Decor is a bit dated in the lobby and common areas but the rooms are more up to date. Cooked breakfast was just ok but staff are very friendly and the pub is lively

• Stayed November 2012
Very grateful to you for posting your comments on Trip Advisor. Glad to hear that you were able to avail of our “new parking arrangements”. Hope to see you again sometime soon.
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I never stayed in the Grand Hotel but did pop in for a quick lunch last month. Always a fan of sea food I ordered their seafood chowder, It might have been the best I have ever tasted, and the portion was enough to feed me for the day. If you are fussy about your sea food, visit the Grand the next time you are in Tralee. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GrandHotelTralee, General Manager at The Grand Hotel Tralee, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Delighted to hear that you were pleased with our seafood chowder. Our Head Chef Pat was thrilled with your comments and has passed on your remarks to the rest of his team. Hope to see you again sometime soon.

cork
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We re-visited the Grand Hotel Tralee recently during a very busy week-end. After having a fine freshly cooked breakfast we were set up for the day. We always returned to the Pikeman Bar for our evening meal. The serving time here is so fast and the food and always freshly prepared. The staff always makes time for a smile and a chat. Live music at weekends by local musicians we felt relaxed and well looked after.
Joan /Anne

Room Tip: first floor is best
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you ladies for your very positive feedback on Trip Advisor. Our live music on Friday & Saturday is proving to be a big success. Hope to welcome you back again sometime soon.

dublin
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Stayed here for a night in September, very central hotel but a bit dated, no elevator and very narrow corridors. staff were helpful and breakfast was very good. ate in the bar on the evening of our arrival, very nice steak sandwich...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. Delighted to hear that you were pleased with your food at the Hotel both for breakfast and dinner. Unfortunately we are unable to find a suitable location in the Hotel for a lift due to the fact that we are a listed building of immense historical importance. We are in negotiation with the town planners and hope to resolve this matter shortly.