We stayed at this wonderful hotel for three days during our trip to Southern Ireland.
BallyGary House was built in the 18th Century and was a majestic house surrounded by an orchard and boundary wall. Ballygary House was converted to a hotel and originally named the Manhatton Hotel. The Hotel was changed to BallyGary House in the early 80's. The hotel now has a Pavilion for Meeting Rooms and can cater for up to 200 delegates. It is situated in 6 acres of landscaped gardens and is simply gorgeous.
Our room was huge, about 40 feet long with the bed at one end and a lounge area at the other, it also had a huge bathroom which is simply the best.
Now the Hotel is well suitable for fantastic weddings due to its ability to cater for large weddings and grounds for photography.
The restaurant is 5 star (really ten star), the staff are wonderful and helpful, one lady called Kathleen was particularly helpful.
Food consisted of the following
Beakfast - either continental or a full Irish breakfast, and healthy options such as smoked salmon and scrambled eggs on a bed of toast.
Lunch: Have to admit we were out and about so did not have lunch but you can be sure it would be good
Evening: on 25th September it is our wedding anniversary so we went 'a la carte' which consisted of fingers of Sole to start on a bed of salad, 9oz Fillet Steak with vegetables and potatoes and chips with a pepper creamed sauce with brandy. For desert we had Coffee and Chocolate creamed deserts and the staff had decorated the plates with happy anniversary and gave us a free glass of champagne, We finished our meal with Irish Coffee.
This hotel is really good and recommendable. You haven't been to Ireland until you stay at BallyGarry House Hotel it is truly the best.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Named in the top 10 of hotels in Ireland on TripAdvisor, the 4 star Ballygarry House Hotel in Tralee Co. Kerry has been in the same family for over 50 years & owner Padraig McGillicuddy knows how to make you feel at home. The hotel's warm interior offers plenty of corners to hide away with a good book to indulge in afternoon tea, and Brooks restaurant serves modern Irish cuisine using the best of local Kerry produce. The Brasserie at Ballygarry House offers casual dining daily from 12.30. This Kerry Hotel provides visitors with the perfect base to explore Kerry and The Wild Atlantic Way with plenty of attractions and activities nearby. No visit to Ballygarry Hotel Tralee is complete without a visit to Nadur Spa which offers traditional Irish Seaweed Soaks as well as hot tub, thermal suite & rejuvenating mud wraps. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ballygarry House Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ballygarry House Hotel Tralee
- Ballygarry House Hotel And Spa
- Ballygarry Hotel Tralee