“What a place!!! I never see anywhere that comes close..”

Ballygarry House Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Tralee
“What a place!!! I never see anywhere that comes close..”
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a wedding friday night, when we arrived we were greeted by the manager and showed the way to reception where check in was instant by very pleasant staff.

The wedding meal was beyond belief where most at our table ordered the steak which was so tender and melted in the mouth. The service by the waiting staff was so professional and lightning fast. There was no problem getting second helpings or drinks but we were all stuffed after the beautiful food.

We finished off having a great night and had a lovely sleep in the luxurious bed!!

Breakfast the next morning was beautiful and tastey with no waiting around with your order.

This place comes highly recommend by myself and I am particularly fussy and critical hotels. We will definitely be back again for a treat! !!

Thanks everyone at Ballygarry ye should be proud of yourselves! !

• Stayed April 2013
MrP_McGillicuddy, Owner at Ballygarry House Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind words with regards to your stay with us. We pride ourselves in our customer service and customer feedback is always appreciated.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the wedding reception, and I do hope you will get to revisit again very soon.

Padraig McGillicuddy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
Ballinhassig, Ireland
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Yet again we were over whelmed by this fantastic hotel the Ballygarry House. From the moment we arrived we were looked after in a manner fit for any 5 star hotel. Our son loves this hotel and always loves his holiday to Kerry so when he was greeted on arrival by the staff that he had made his stay last year so enjoyable he was very happy. You could take one look at this fantastic hotel and think it’s not for children but how wrong you would be. They go out of their way to make not only your stay but your children’s stay something to remember.
This hotel is our favourite place to visit as it’s just full of class and we will be back again!!
A big thank you yet again to the staff who are excellent at what they do and the fact that they look after your every need and really take care to look after children too. Thank you Tanya, Aine, Nuala to name a few I can remember to the girls in reception and the entire bar staff. See you soon James and Rachel.

1 Thank James&Rachel
MrP_McGillicuddy, Owner at Ballygarry House Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear James and Rachel,

Thank you for posting your review of your recent stay. I was delighted to see that you returned to us again and that you enjoyed your stay so much. It is lovely for me to read your glowing report, and to see that we appeal to all ages is testament to our team who do their best to make everyone feel at home.

Do please say hello if you are visiting us again,

Warmest wishes,
Killarney, Ireland
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I decided to hold my Moms Birthday party back in September. From the moment I contacted them last September right up to the party on Saturday they couldn't have been more helpful. Both Helen and Melissa went above the call of duty to ensure that they gave my Mom a night she will never forget. The chef accommodated the meal for two of my guests who have special dietary requirements. All my guests were raving about how attentive the staff were and how nice the meal was, 5 star!! My parents were so happy to be back in the hotel they had there wedding reception. They told me how happy they were to see that the warmth, atmosphere and the professionalism of the staff hasn't changed in 30 years. You brought back many happy memories for them. For me you made the organizing very easy. I will never be able to express my gratitude to you all for everything you did for us

1 Thank DebbieKel
Dear Debbie,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, and for booking your Moms party with us.

I am delighted that you all had such a great night, and Helen sends her best wishes. It is always great to have something to celebrate and we were delighted to be part of it. It is lovely to see that they still feel the same about their own wedding venue- some of the staff may have even been here then!

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Puckaun, Tipperary, Ireland
Reviewed April 20, 2013

My friends and I stayed in Ballygarry House on a girls night away package. It was beautiful. We were all so impressed and could not fault it at all. It was great value for the package-one night b&b, evening meal, one hour spa treatment and access to thermal suites for 159e each. The staff were really friendly and helpful. The food was excellent. We will definitely be returning to Ballygarry House. It was a real treat.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Sinead,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It is great to read your very kind words. Our Spa packages are very popular alright- it is always a lovely treat.

I do hope you will get to visit us again very soon.

Kilcoole, Ireland
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Once we decided it was time to tie the knot and Kerry was to be the location, (marrying a Kerry man did I have any choice?!) Ballygarry was the only venue we considered for our wedding reception in March 2013. It was the obvious choice as it is unbelievably renowned for its service, attention to detail, and absolute commitment to make sure you get an amazing day!! And that we had, we are both hoteliers and to say Ballygarry surpassed our expectations from booking, to planning, to the food and first class operation on the day itself would be an understatement! The hotel setting itself is wonderful, set in the most beautiful gardens; it is hard to believe this hotel is just outside a town! The first impression we got from calling reception with an inquiry for our date, the receptionist so welcoming and warm, this was the hallmark of our experience. Every staff member we encountered really impressed us with their can do attitude and helpfulness, this does not happen by accident, you can truly see they love working in Ballygarry! Helen looked after our booking and was absolutely outstanding. Marianne and all the girls on the front desk were also fabulous and such a pleasure to deal with, even with all the demands of a bride leaving from the hotel! On the day itself we had such high expectations after a truly great experience to date, how they would top it, we were eager to see. But we were again treated to perfection, Padraig, Thys, Chef and his team were magnificent. Our meal was sumptuous, piping hot, full of fresh flavours and at a perfect pace. We will be forever thankful to Ballygarry and its team as it made our day, to be made feel so valued and welcome in their little piece of paradise!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ohthejoys
Dear Romy,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your very special day. We were delighted to share this with you and I wish you both a lifetime of happiness together.

Helen was delighed to see your kind words, as were the whole team- and the fact that you both understand the business so well yourselves we appreciate this all the more.

Thank you again for choosing Ballygarry House for your day, and I hope you and Paul will call to visit us again very soon!

Warmest wishes,
San Ramon, California
Reviewed April 18, 2013

For the first week of April, I traveled to Ireland for a vacation with my mother, to discover our Irish roots. Arriving at the Ballygarry House, we were struck by the beauty of the hotel, its grounds and the scenery of the surroundings. The staff greeted us warmly and truly made us feel at home. Our rooms were picture perfect, and were kept in a brochure perfect state throughout our stay. The food in the restaurant and lounge was on par with the finest eating establishments anywhere!
There were a number of weddings going on during our stay which were obviously large events that would tax any venue, but in no case did the quiet and serene aura of the hotel alter in any way.
The Spa and the gardens were absolutely lovely and relaxing, even though springtime has come late this year, they were perfectly manicured, and the nearby Ballyseedy Woods made for an ideal brisk morning walk to enjoy the beautiful and picturesque natural countryside.
The staff, once again, provided us with a warm and professional welcoming feeling throughout our stay that was genuine and never invasive or false. They are so adept at making you comfortable, you would think that you have been there many times before and they anticipate your needs perfectly. This, in my mind is the hardest thing for the hospitality industry to get right, and it would seem that the Ballygarry House is the benchmark on which to judge all hotels in the future.

Dear Mike,

Thank you for posting your review of your recent stay.

I do hope you had a great trip to Ireland and I appreciate your very kind words. I have shared your review with all of the team, as you describe what we do in such eloquent terms and paid detailed noticed to our standards of which we are so proud.

Thank you again for appreciating how we do things here at Ballygarry House and I do hope you will get to visit Ireland and us again very soon.

Kind regards,
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed April 11, 2013

My Fiance & myself stayed @ Ballygarry last weekend, 6th April...it was absolutely amazing...we are getting married there in Oct & they treated us like royalty!! We were upgraded to the Aoise suite - out of this world!! The food was amazing & the staff were more than courtious. As for Nadur Spa..where do i start...the outdoor hot-tub was fab..the relaxation room was lovely....defo going back for a girls night with my Bridesmaids before the wedding!! Would definatley recommend this for a romantic break or a girlie break away!!

Room Tip: Everyroom is lovely here..absolutely fantastic hotel