“A real treat”

Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Tralee
Dublin
“A real treat”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I booked an overnight spa break at Ballygarry House, not having stayed there before. All the reviews were great, and both the hotel and the staff really lived up to our (by now high) expectations. I've never stayed in a hotel after a spa treatment, so it was a lifelong ambition fulfilled when I padded back to the room in my lovely robe after the amazing treatments. The spa is honestly the nicest I've ever been. The deal was amazing value and included a dinner in the hotel restaurant. It was gorgeous, and the staff were all just lovely too. Ballyseedy Woods are v near the hotel, which makes for a nice week is you feel energetic too. I would LOVE to come back, sooner rather than later.

1 Thank siuloir
MrP_McGillicuddy, Owner at Ballygarry House Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Siuloir,

Thank you for posting your lovely review of your stay here with us. Our Spa breaks are very popular - I am glad you finally got to experience one! I will pass this on to the Spa in particular- they are very dedicated to pampering and providing top class treatments so they will really appreciate your kind words.

I do hope to see you back again very soon,

Padraig McGillicuddy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Two of us stayed here in separate rooms for two nights on a short trip to Tralee in February.
The hotel was comfortable, the staff were welcoming and friendly and breakfast was freshly cooked and excellent.
Both rooms were clean, comfortable and well appointed. The bar did a good range of bar food at reasonable prices all in all an excellent experience. Overall Ballygarry delivered I would certainly stay here again and recommend it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
MrP_McGillicuddy, General Manager at Ballygarry House Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear TJoe30,

Thank your for posting your review of your recent stay here with us.

I was delighed to read your lovely review and appreciate the recommendation to your family and friends.

I do hope you will get to return again very shortly.

Kind regards,
Ennis, Ireland
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights over a weekend. We stayed in a suite which was very spacious & had lovely views of the gardens. The bathroom was huge with a separate walk in shower. The beds were so comfy, don't think I have ever slept so soundly in a hotel.
Michelle at reception checked us in and was so helpful and pleasant. The staff in the restaurant couldn't do enough for us, very professional and friendly and the food was superb. (Both breakfast and dinner)
Thermal suite is very calming with lovely views of the mountains in the relaxation room.
To be honest I felt all the staff treated the hotel as if it was there own and are very well trained.
We really enjoyed everything about this hotel couldn't fault it in any way, We will definitely be returning again. Full marks all round, 5 star service.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Alfie1986,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It is a lovely review and I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay so much.

I have passed this on to our staff who will appreciate your kind words- Michelle in particular will be delighted with the mention.

I do hope you will have the opportunity to revisit us again in the future.

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I was very impressed with the hotel. The staff were very attentative and appeared to be genuinely committed to service. We stayed in a family room which was very large with ample space for 2 adults and 2 children. The bathroom was a little tired but some points are forgiving when other areas are good. The food was excellent and helpings were very generous. Free WIFI which always scores a bonus for me.

Dear Archie0410,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your stay with us. It was lovely to read your kind words and in particular with reference to our service, as this is an area that we are all very proud of.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Ballygarry House again in the future.

Carlow, Carlow, Ireland
Reviewed February 10, 2013

attened the Wedding of Caroline Sweeney and Tom Halpin felt like a 5 plus star Hotel. beautiful place with wonderful staff. Well Done to all at the Ballygarry House Hotel 5 stares to you all. We look foward to going back to the Ballygarry

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
MrP_McGillicuddy, Owner at Ballygarry House Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Michelle B,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and Caroline and Toms special day. Thank you for your fantastic review and I do hope that you will get to return in the near future.

Jersey, Channel Islands, UK
Reviewed February 7, 2013

My husband and I and his brother and partner recent,y spent a few days here when visiting Ireland. My husband had spent 2 yrs in tralee 20 yrs ago in college and wanted to visit his old haunts! What a find this hotel was. Absolutely gorgeous and cosy inside with open fires and friendly staff. Soup and a pint in the bar in the afternoon, particularly fine breakfast and then for dinner which was the real surprise. Their set menu at 35 euro all in was superb. We frequently enjoy Michelin starred restaurants in France and jersey and Brooks was well up with the best. Superb duck main course that'd make me return again. I noticed their accolade of winner of best hotel restaurant in Ireland hanging on the wall which was no surprise. The room itself was well furnished and lovely and toasty with a turn down service each evening. We slept very soundly despite a wedding being held downstairs. Will definitely return some day and have recommended it to family and friends as a real find. You will need a car though its only 7/8 mins I to Tralee and the nearby shopping complex with debenhams is worth a visit.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
MrP_McGillicuddy, Owner at Ballygarry House Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Valdi4,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay and for your recommendation.

It is lovely to read your kind words, in particular about our restaurant as we also recently acheived an AA Rosette for culinary excellence. It is very much appreciated when we hear these great reports from our guests too.

I hope that it won't be another 20 years before your husband gets to visit!

Cork
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Just back from a lovely 24hrs at Ballygarry. From the welcome we received when we arrived to the spacious comfortable bedrooms to the fantastic food at dinner & breakfast & the peaceful relaxing spa everything was top class! Well done Ballygarry on your trip advisor award, great achievement & well deserved. Looking forward to my next trip already!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank ShellyoB1
MrP_McGillicuddy, Owner at Ballygarry House Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear ShellyoB1,

Thank you for taking the time to post your lovely review of your stay here with us. I am delighed to read your kind words.

We are delighted to have acheived the Travellers Choice top 25 Hotel award and thank you for your good wishes! I have passed this review on to all our team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Ballygarry House again very soon.

Padraig McGillicuddy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tralee
The Ashe Hotel
#8 of 14 in Tralee
Lake Hotel
Lake Hotel
#8 of 38 in Killarney

Been to Ballygarry House Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!