Ballygarry House Hotel & Spa
$123
  • Breakfast included
Ballyroe Heights Hotel(Tralee)(Great Value!)
$100
Agoda.com
$76
  • Restaurant
1,596 results
All reviewsbrooks restaurantrelaxation roomthe outdoor hot tubthermal suitetop classbeautiful hoteldrinks receptionfrom start to finishfamily weddingwedding receptionwould highly recommend this hotelfood was amazingrelaxing breaksecond to noneboth morningslast weekendmain course
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 10, 2012

This Hotel is so nice you think why can't all hotels be like this one i enjoyed my stay and the food was so lovely.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Noreen30
PMcGillicuddyGM, General Manager at Ballygarry House Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2012

Dear Noreen 30,

Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review. I appreciate your kind words, and look forward to welcoming you back to Ballygarry House.

Reviewed May 9, 2012

Stayed for one night ,had suite which was excellent.Dined in Brooks Restaurant,
Menu choice limited for 4* .Although the food was piping hot,we were waiting too long between courses
Our main reason for choosing this hotel was, Mike Denver's Band was playing in the ballroom.They put on a great show .
There was no passes included to the Dance which cost us €30 extra.
Worked out expensive for a night for two people .
Did not use the Spa,Went walking in nearby amenity.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Geraldine T
PMcGillicuddyGM, General Manager at Ballygarry House Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2012

Dear Geraldine T,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and Mike Denver. Our guests would usually enjoy complimentary access to the Sunday night dance but as this was a charity event organised by a local comittee, there was an entry fee.

I hope that you will revisit Ballygarry House in the future.

Reviewed May 4, 2012 via mobile

Was at a function here recently and if had been a number of years since I had been here for a wedding. For large numbered events it is hard to beat this place. Service is quick and professional and food piping hot. Staff even remembered old traditions by serving me first as I was the only lady at the table which a nice bit of detail.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank cacosk

Dear Cacosk,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I have passed on your kind words to our banqueting staff.

I do hope you will have the opportunity to revisit us again in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed May 1, 2012

Stayed for two nights over bank holiday weekend. Treated ourselves to suite and room was excellent - large, comfortable, clean, bed turned down etc.
Dined in Brooks restaurant and could only compare the experience to eating in a very busy McDonalds for atmosphere - children running around and a "pile them in and get them out quick attitude". Choice was mediocre and it was over an hour before our mains arrived. When the steak arrived it was way overcooked and had obviously been sitting on a hotplate for a while. Definitely not medium as requested. It was sent back and we then had to wait another 20 mins for a second one.
The spa is average to say the least. The hot-tub has a view of a wall 6 feet away and the views mentioned on the website simply do not exist. My gym has better facilities to relax in and does not market itself as a spa!
Maybe it was a poor weekend to visit as it was a bank holiday. We asked if there would be many kids running about as we did not fancy being overrun by children on mid term break and were told that this would not be the case as they did not really cater for children. This was patently not true.
If it is a relaxing break away from the hustle and bustle you are after then maybe better to give this one a wide berth. If it is a four star experience you are after then i am afraid you may be dissapointed too.
Overall we were thoroughly underwhelmed by Ballygarry. While we were there another couple were so unimpressed that they checked out and left on the first night of their 2 night stay. I was tempted to follow and perhaps should have.
On checking out i voiced my dissapoitment to the receptionist and got little or no reaction either.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ronan R
PMcGillicuddyGM, General Manager at Ballygarry House Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2012

Dear Ronan R,

I am dissapointed at your detailed above experience, as you can see from our other trip advisor reviews this is not something that would expect our guests to experience.

We were unfortunate to have had kitchen issues on the night you visited, which have now been rectified. At Ballygarry House we cater for a wide range of guests, and would hope that children would not spoil a visit for another guest. The facilities at Nadur Spa are very popular for guests, and the wall outside the Hot tub is for privacy of use. There are fantastic mountain views from our Relaxation room.

I would ask that you contact me here at the Hotel to discuss the matters raised above as we pride ourselves on our customer service and our quality, and I feel that some of the views expressed are misleading and unfair.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed May 1, 2012

Stayed here several times rooms a bit dated but really nice, restaurant excellent and nice bar. Spa and pool also here. Location about 5 mins drive from Tralee town. Not a cheap Hotel but really good quality. Weddings almost every weekend in large function room so if you are looking for quiet weekend away maybe not place to go. Cant fault this hotel or facilities

Room Tip: If booking check if wedding or function on as it can be very busy with functions
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Tom S

Dear Tomsca,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It is lovely to read your positive words, I just wish to clarify for other readers that our Spa facilities include an out door Hot tub, Sauna, Steam room and relaxation room- we do not have a pool.

I do hope to see you back at Ballygarry House again in the future.