“Very well run hotel!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Tralee
Ayr, United Kingdom
“Very well run hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Went with a Caledonian bus tour and had an excellent break. Room on the ground floor was very clean and comfortable . Food was very good and restaurant staff were so well organised that service ran like clockwork - well done to all ! I would certainly recommend this hotel .

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jane S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Paterson, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Went to Ireland on a bus tour. Stayed here and it was in a good location and value. Excellent staff, extremely honest people. I had left something in the hotel, they found it and mailed it to me afterwards.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Cork
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Let me start off by saying some comments below about how bad this hotel is, are misleading.
I got a great deal for a night with Breakfast so my expectations weren't very high going in.

As I mentioned, I wasn't expecting much but was I shocked when I got to my room. I was on the ground floor. There was a massive bed in the room, loads of space and the bathroom was like a 5*(IMO). There was no bath but I wasn't too worried about that. It had clearly being recently renovated and a great job was done. The decor in the room is out of date but it's not an expensive hotel to be fair so you shouldn't be expected the latest decor etc etc.
It was very clean also so I was happy with that and indeed, the whole hotel was spotless.

The staff are nothing short of excellent! Very nice and friendly. The next morning I went down for Breakfast close to the finishing up time for breakfast. The whole room had already been transformed for the bus tours expected later in the day but I was seen to straight away and a full Irish was got.(One of the best Full Irish's I've had to date in a hotel) I was trying to eat quick as I didn't want to be holding them up because I was late for b/fast but there was no problem. They even got more toast and tea for me and to stay an extra hour if I wanted because they were working till that time so didn't mind.

My only flaws with the hotel are as mentioned in other reviews, is the Location, it is a bit out of town so not walking distance but a short taxi drive. I also like to have a fridge in my room as I usually bring my own Milk(Can't stand that UHT stuff!) but there was none. Only a minor thing, I wouldn't knock the hotel for not having one.

Overall, I only stayed one night but would have stayed another and intend to stay there in future if I am down that way again.

Excellent hotel.(Just those 2 small things bring down the rating slightly)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank Ciaran O
Cumbernauld, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

We booked a coach holiday in early August with the "Ryan air" of coach holidays, Caledonian Coaches. This hotel is not within easy reach of Tralee other than by taxi. It is situated on a main road with the a rather off putting sign on the opposite side of the road informing you of the number of deaths on this road!

Having said this the hotel itself was tremendous. The rooms were spacious,the food was fantastic and plentiful. But it was the staff who were the real stars of this hotel always friendly, smiling and no request was too much trouble. They will really make your stay in this hotel memorable.

So if you are happy to stay exclusively at his hotel and enjoy their entertainment at night and go on all the trips that the coach runs then you will enjoy yourself. The real entertainment will have to be provided by yourself as the old boy we had for two nights needed winding up, he was so slow singing! We had an Irish girl staying at the same time and she went on the mike after this old boy on an unofficial basis and she was brilliant! The other lad who entertained us was actually good but he was only on for one day and the Irish crowd had gone on a trip so unfortunately for him the audience was rather subdued. He deserved better!

This holiday is definitely for the serious coach holiday set and if this is you then I can highly recommend this trip. Our driver was both informative and funny and was an asset to his company.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank lynchj
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was very pleasant after reading reviews had a few doubts, but we found the staff very friendly had a room on the ground floor very clean towels changed every day, food was ok breakfast selection cereals porridge and hot food juice yogurt only thing is the toast was always cold but the waitresses would get you some more if you asked. The evening meal was hot and three choices of starter main and two deserts tea and coffee. Entertainment two nights one singing Irish songs another folk songs didn't like that one and youngsters performing music and Irish dancing.only downside the room faced the main road and noise of traffic.overall I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Maureen B
Northumberland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We had a lovely stay here recently and found the staff friendly and efficient.
I describe it as an hotel with two appearances because the ground floor is absolutely lovely 4 or 5 star really. (see photos) The bedrooms on this floor are beautiful too with walk in showers and fully re-fitted.
I am sure the hotel is slowly being updated and that does take time...floor by floor really.
We stayed on the first floor and I have to say I must give the room 10 out of 10 for cleanliness. Clean bedding and towels every day too. We were given a good hospitality tray, hair drier, T.V etc.
I would just like to say that some guests may say that the decor is a little tired....but DO NOT let that put you off. Although it is not as modern as the ground floor it is very comfortable indeed.
I thought the evening meals were O.K ( I am a fussy eater) but my husband really enjoyed them. The staff were very efficient as they had so many hungry guests to feed. The breakfasts were great with lots to choose from.
I am sure you would have a great stay here.

Room Tip: The ground floor rooms are the up dated ones.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank LynRogers
Blackpool Uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

A large hotel set in its own grounds about 5 km, from Tralee with no shops or pubs within walking distance. Good rooms and excellent helpful staff especially the restaurent staff who in spite of serving many coach parties at the same time are super efficient and helpful.Evening entertainment was an irish night put on by the local youngsters.

Room Tip: ask for ground floor
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family