“Totally amazing!”

Ballyseede Castle
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Tralee
“Totally amazing!”
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

We came from Qld, Australia for our friends wedding on 15th March, we stayed at the castle and partied all night long. The wonderful hospitality we received from Ester was outstanding, she was so helpful with tips on our further Ireland adventure and with getting our room ready for us to get ready in before the wedding. The food was sensational, couldn't fault it! Totally ate and drank like kings and queens. If my suitcase was big enough I would have taken the doona, it was so fluffy and felt like we were sleeping in the clouds. Definitely recommend it, we will be back one day hopefully.
Mel and Neil

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We were very lucky and won a two-night stay at Ballyseede Castle. We went for with our two children in March. On arrival we were greeted by Joe - the most welcoming and informative Gentleman I have met in a Hotel,after a lovely tour of the Castle, he brought us to our Massive family room (two double beds). The children were awestruck by all the Portraits, Armour and Antiques in the Halls and on the Walls! It was just fabulous and the most genuine Castle atmosphere we could imagine! Every member of Staff we came across - Sandra, Joe, Derry and Esther were so pleasant and interested in us and interesting to us! they were full of information on What to Do etc in Tralee. The Breakfasts were gorgeous and the food in the Bar was Delish!!! I would really recommend Ballyseede Castle to Families and Couples!! I only wish that I wasnt already married because I would definitely book Ballyseede for my Wedding!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 13, 2014

We really enjoyed our two nights at Ballyseede. The decor and castle grounds are really interesting and unique. Unfortunately we didn't get to spend a lot of time there but I would definitely go back. The only downside we found was that there was no wi-fi in the rooms.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lindz221
Tumbulgum, Australia
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I stayed in Ballyseede Castle hotel for 3 nights in the Canty Room. Firstly, the castle is pretty gorgeous, complete with 2 resident dogs (Einstein and Mr Higgins) to play with but it's Hilda, the last member of the Blennerhassett family that owned the castle previous and she resided in the castle until her death, that makes it a truly unique experience. Hilda followed both my mother and I up the stairs twice (we both commented separately about how we felt that someone was standing behind us, halfway up the staircase) and on 2 nights, around 3:30am in the room directly above ours - which is a sitting room, I could hear footsteps, banging like a window opening and shutting and noises like furniture moving. This went on for at least 30 minutes, I know because I timed it!! In the morning I asked the staff if there was anyone working during the night that would've been in the room and they said "definitely not". Aside from Hilda (whose grave is up the road) the real stand out was the wonderful staff, especially Ester and Joe who gave so much great advice and were just fantastic. Downside? No table in the Canty room to make tea or coffee on - had to heat up the kettle on the floor and there's no power points at all in the bathroom. Would stay again though in a heartbeat.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed February 2, 2014

My husband and I had our wedding reception in Ballyseede Castle and we couldn't have been happier with how it went. All the members of staff were ABSOLUTELY fantastic - nothing was too much. The castle itself is magnificent. Each room is decorated beautifully. The reception rooms and the stunning entrance hall made the perfect backdrop for our wedding photos. The bedrooms are sumptuous, elegant and warm and many of our guests commented on how comfortable the beds were! With the friendly, professional atmosphere and truly delicious food this is an ideal wedding venue. We couldn't recommend Ballyseede more and we are so grateful to everyone there for making our wedding day one to remember.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Ellijay, Georgia
Reviewed January 30, 2014

My daughter and I stayed here for a night on a tour of Ireland. She had to stay in a castle on our trip and this one did not disappoint. Great hosts, amazing breakfast and beautiful surroundings. Seems most rooms overlook some part of the grounds, the castle is beautifully decorated and we had an absolutely wonderful stay !! Large rooms and comfy beds as well.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank MaxandNikki
Oswego, Illinois
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I love this castle hotel. Friendly people and so many of those little things that make it memorable like the resident dogs, Higgins (now an even bigger boy than he was on our last stay when he was just 8 mo old) and Einstein. Beautifully decorated for the holidays too. Our room was spacious, clean and furnished for a king and queen. The bathroom was a shower only which suited us just fine but if a tub is a must then you'll need to request that. A very happy and enjoyable stay for a second time!

Room Tip: Ask about room features that are available since they're not all the same, i.e. four poster bed...