“Wonderful experience!”
Review of Ballyseede Castle

Ballyseede Castle
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Tralee
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We stayed at Ballyseede Castle in early December. The staff were very very friendly and helpful, the food was delicious, and the decor of the castle was beautiful and welcoming. Brilliant location just outside Tralee, with easy access to beautiful Kerry! A really memorable high quality experience.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bee S
Write a ReviewReviews (1,165)

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We simply love it! The breakfast is excellent and the staff are very friendly. We loved our stayed there.
The living rooms makes it very couzy. We had dinner one night and is was very nice, super romantic.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank appost
Reviewed January 18, 2013

What a wonderful night's stay , just the icing on the cake for our self drive around Ireland . The rooms are so spacious and warm being winter. Lovely decor . Slept very well , the bed was so comfortable . (4 poster) The bathroom was enormous. We ate our lunch in the bar , and in the evening had a 5 course dinner as part of our package in the formal dining room . The food was excellent , unfortunately could not eat it all ! Enjoyed being in the bar playing with one of the dogs " Einstein" and just loved the other one Mr Higgens the Irish wolf hound . All in all no complaints at all .Breakfast was cooked to order and was delicious.It was a very special place to spend the night in .

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wittsNz
Reviewed January 17, 2013

The Castle is a beautiful modern place with that old world feel.The staff were what made the place even more special.And the lovely Irish Wolf Hound called "higgnes".Plenty to see and do in and around the area.Would Recommend this place nothing else like it .I will be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the bar.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Robert G
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We loved the Castle. The rooms were spacious, with the finest of amenities and a very, very large bathroom. Breakfasts were delicious each morning, and the wonderful bar is a cozy den of a place to visit at the end of sightseeing. The grounds are lovely, with small ponies grazing on the green lawns. Sure, it's more money than a typical hotel or B&B, but the marvelous experience is worth it. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lori P
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I stayed here while attending a wedding in another hotel near by. The only negative thing I can say about this hotel is that I had to leave too early. It was one of the most beautiful places I have ever stayed with so much character. Our room was extremely comfortable & we were lucky enough to get a four poster bed. The staff were excellent and only added to the ambiance. I would highly recommend a trip & plan to return myself in the future when I have more time.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank J84OB
Reviewed January 1, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a three week visit to Ireland, and one of the absolute highlights of our entire trip was our stay in Ballyseede Castle. We arrived exhausted from an all-night flight from Chicago, and then a drive to Tralee from Dublin on almost no sleep. From the moment we walked in the door, we were treated to the best service, advice, food, and stunning castle ambiance -- so much so, that we could happily have stayed right there for the rest of our time in Ireland!

The staff was very professional, witty, and everyone treated us like family. They offered terrific (and much needed) advice about day trips from the castle, and areas of Ireland that we should see while visiting and after leaving Tralee. They also rescued us when one of our subsequent reservations in Killarney fell through, and helped us book a new (and better) reservation at another castle in Gallway.

The food was... absolutely sensational! I am a celiac (I cannot eat gluten,) and I was treated to the best food - for every meal - that I had eaten in years! The soups were all gluten-free, they served gluten-free bread with every meal... they even served me a chocolate desert with candles on the night of my birthday. Needless to say, it was the most memorable birthday of my life!

We stayed in the Yeats room overlooking the front grounds, and found everything to be perfect, and the bed extremely comfortable. Ballyseede, the staff, the castle itself were one of the highlights of our entire stay in Ireland.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple