“A Real Castle on its own large Grounds.”
Review of Ballyseede Castle

Ballyseede Castle
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Tralee
Dublin, Ireland
“A Real Castle on its own large Grounds.”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

The Castle is a beautiful modern place with that old world feel.The staff were what made the place even more special.And the lovely Irish Wolf Hound called "higgnes".Plenty to see and do in and around the area.Would Recommend this place nothing else like it .I will be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the bar.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Robert G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
Saint Petersburg, Florida, United States
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We loved the Castle. The rooms were spacious, with the finest of amenities and a very, very large bathroom. Breakfasts were delicious each morning, and the wonderful bar is a cozy den of a place to visit at the end of sightseeing. The grounds are lovely, with small ponies grazing on the green lawns. Sure, it's more money than a typical hotel or B&B, but the marvelous experience is worth it. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Lori P
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I stayed here while attending a wedding in another hotel near by. The only negative thing I can say about this hotel is that I had to leave too early. It was one of the most beautiful places I have ever stayed with so much character. Our room was extremely comfortable & we were lucky enough to get a four poster bed. The staff were excellent and only added to the ambiance. I would highly recommend a trip & plan to return myself in the future when I have more time.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank J84OB
Bloomington, Indiana, United States
Reviewed January 1, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a three week visit to Ireland, and one of the absolute highlights of our entire trip was our stay in Ballyseede Castle. We arrived exhausted from an all-night flight from Chicago, and then a drive to Tralee from Dublin on almost no sleep. From the moment we walked in the door, we were treated to the best service, advice, food, and stunning castle ambiance -- so much so, that we could happily have stayed right there for the rest of our time in Ireland!

The staff was very professional, witty, and everyone treated us like family. They offered terrific (and much needed) advice about day trips from the castle, and areas of Ireland that we should see while visiting and after leaving Tralee. They also rescued us when one of our subsequent reservations in Killarney fell through, and helped us book a new (and better) reservation at another castle in Gallway.

The food was... absolutely sensational! I am a celiac (I cannot eat gluten,) and I was treated to the best food - for every meal - that I had eaten in years! The soups were all gluten-free, they served gluten-free bread with every meal... they even served me a chocolate desert with candles on the night of my birthday. Needless to say, it was the most memorable birthday of my life!

We stayed in the Yeats room overlooking the front grounds, and found everything to be perfect, and the bed extremely comfortable. Ballyseede, the staff, the castle itself were one of the highlights of our entire stay in Ireland.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Máire Q
whiteville, nc
Reviewed December 27, 2012

My family spent two nights at Ballyseede Castle this past week. I cannot say enough about this remarkable place. The owners and staff make you feel at home. The rooms and common areas are beautiful and the service is without comparison. We ate in both the bar and restaurant and were treated to delicious food with perfect service and presentation. As if the surroundings aren't enough, you have the added bonus of the true hosts: Einstein and Mr. Higgins. What remarkable and precious pups they are! We had a complicated dry-cleaning situation that needed to be handled, and the folks at Ballyseede took care of it with skill and quality. Additionally, Paul makes the best Irish coffee in the world. I have stayed at Dromoland, Ashford, Adare, and Waterford. This is the best castle hotel in all of Ireland. We will be back one day!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank zarbock1228
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed December 23, 2012

My husband and I spent a week in Ireland for our honeymoon and we spent 1 night at Ballyseede Castle. We had a wonderful time! The grounds and the hotel were gorgeous, our room was spacious and comfortable, and the breakfast they served was delicious. The staff was especially friendly and helpful in the morning, they gave us great directions for our day's activities plus a restaurant recommendation for dinner that evening. They do offer dinner service at the castle but it is a little pricey, so we passed. Overall, however, we really enjoyed our time at the hotel and would highly recommend it to anyone staying in Tralee!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MissSarahJ
Amman, Jordan
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights as part of a wedding group.. Rooms are beautiful. Food was excellent. The entire house/castle was awesome. Only grumble was the attitude of a couple of the bar staff who were miserable and just didn't appear to want to be there. Waiting staff were great, particularly joe and maura.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family