Ballyseede Castle
$124
  • Breakfast included
Ballyroe Heights Hotel(Tralee)(Great Value!)
$164
Priceline
$77
  • Restaurant
1,206 results
All reviewsirish wolfhoundstone roomfour poster bedlibrary barfriendly dogsfairy taledining roomfelt like royaltythe pubmanor housebeautiful groundscourse dinnercommon areaswedding partydrawing roomnext morningdingle peninsula
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights as part of a wedding group.. Rooms are beautiful. Food was excellent. The entire house/castle was awesome. Only grumble was the attitude of a couple of the bar staff who were miserable and just didn't appear to want to be there. Waiting staff were great, particularly joe and maura.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Kthorny123
Reviewed December 18, 2012

We stayed here for two nights as we traveled around Ireland. The castle is beautiful and we loved the grounds. The rooms were clean and cozy, the bar/trstaurant area was very nice and we loved all the animals around! Our morning breakfasts weren't the best...eggs were extremely overcooked (maybe it was just a bad day for them) and the service was very slow. Wouldn't hold it against them though! Overall, a very nice place to stay and would go back if in Tralee.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Becky M
Reviewed December 17, 2012

There are lots of nice places to stay in the Dingle-Tralee-Killarney area that you can use as a base to explore these wonderful parts of Ireland. What makes this experience unique, besides being in a castle, is the people. We have now stayed at three accommodations on our Ireland vacation and the difference at the Ballyseede is the service. It is, in a word, impeccable. They know you by name, they make sure your every need is taken care of, and they ensure that you have the best Ireland experience possible. The owners, Rory and Marnie, set the tone with their welcome as you arrive. The wait staff in the bar and dining rooms could not be more professional or personal. They helped us with everything from sightseeing destinations to making arrangements for us at hotels along our journey. It was just like the experience must have been of being royalty back in the day. Even the dogs, Einstein and Mr. Higgins, make you feel right at home. Other reviewers have said many important wonderful things about the Castle. I can validate any of the other positive comments you can read. My central point in this review is that it was the people here who made the difference for us. Best 5 days of our Ireland vacation. Thank you everyone at Ballyseede for making our stay so special.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank MJM0327
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We treated ourselves to spending an evening in a "castle" on our family holiday. Everything exceeded our expectations! The staff were friendly and efficient, the rooms spotless and comfortable, and the grounds / gardens were beautifully maintained. The food we had was outstanding and we all fell in love with old Mr Higgins! Truly one of the highlights on our trip!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Ireland- you have gotten under my skin and I have fallen in love! My sister told me that I'd love you and insisted that we travel to Tralee and stay at Ballyseede Castle. I couldn't wait to meet Mr. Higgins and Einstein either! Upon exiting our car, we were greeted by Mr. Higgins. When we entered, we were greeted by Derry who remembered my sister from her last visit. Amazing! I enjoyed relaxing here. Esther was such a delight and recommended places to visit. Everynight we spent time in the bar and enjoyed sitting by the fire and talking. Eddie and Derry made sure our glasses (or bottles) were never empty!

People- I've read the different reviews on TripAdvisor...do your homework, check out the place you will be staying. How can you complain about the dogs when they don't hide the fact that there are TWO dogs that live here? I don't mean any disrespect but really...us Americans are spoiled. We are used to fast food and being waited on hand and foot. Europe is different- more laid back. Seriously- Try something new! Stay here! Relax and enjoy yourself. I did and I WILL be back! Thank you Ballyseede!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family