“Great seafood linguini”

The Station House Bar and Grill
Ranked #52 of 108 Restaurants in Tralee
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Vienna, Austria
“Great seafood linguini”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We had dinner there this June and simply said the seafood linguini was "sensational". A superb taste and everything cooked to the point. My wife had plaice, which was decent, but not something special.

Service has some room for improvement, as some of the other review indicate. But I would go there of course again.

• Visited June 2012

Tralee
“Excellent Meal”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Recently had a meal in this restaurant, main course and desert, both myself and my wife had fish courses. I had Hake Rissotto and she had Plaice. Both were very tasty and well presented dishes. We got good attention from the staff and we shared a dessert of Baileys Cheese Cake, this was good but not boasting it was not as good as I make at home. Would I go back again, yes definitely!

• Visited October 2012
Limerick
“I was wrong to go back!!!!”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I reviewed this place last January and said I would never return, but i always like to give a place a second chance!! To my disappointment I should not have bothered. The staff walk around looking miserable and like they would love to leave if given half a chance. Who could blame them with the manager/ owner (Lee - I think!) giving them grief at every turn while he is there.

The manager arrived after we had and come in, blustering around, throwing orders at the staff in full view of the diners, and giving out to one member of staff loudly also in full view and earshot of all staff. This is not the first time I have witnessed this by him. The impression I get of him from the two times I have been here is that he is a self important bully who loves putting others down.
The food and service were not great especially for the price.

I definately will not be returning to this place ever again. No more chances from me Station House.

2 Thank Aine H
Dublin, Ireland
“Foodies Paradise!”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

My Fiancee & I stayed here for the August Bank Holiday weekend. We used it as a launch pad to Skellig Island, Valentia, Dingle & The Ring of Kerry. Which is suited ideally. Everything we needed to get to was less than an hour away.

The food was fantastic. Talk about the "holiday half stone" - we got the "Kerry Kilo"!

On Friday night I had the Seafood Linguine in a creamy sauce. Delicious
Saturday was the Mixed Grill after a big hike. It didn't disappoint. all the meats cooked just right!
Sunday Brunch was Eggs Benedict. Ridiculously moreish.
Sunday Dinner was bar food. We watched the Olympics on the Big Screen & devoured the "Bucket of Plenty" €10!! - which is a wee bucket of finger food. Incredible. I really enjoy the decadence of GOOD finger food - this was exceptionally good.

Food all reasonably priced. Someone in the kitchen knows what they are doing! Staff very helpful. Good atmosphere. Nice Clientele.

The owner took great care of us & recommended lots of great places for us to go.
If you like food I cannot recommend this place enough.
Drop into this place if you are passing. And don't forget to try the "Bucket of Plenty"

Tralee, Ireland
“Great food.”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Ate again at the station house, I love the food there because its something different to other places! We got the early bird. Service is not great though its mainly one member of staff who looks miserable and didn't seem to understand when I said I will decide if I will have a dessert after the other courses. But all in all a lovely meal and I will go back!!