“Beautiful, quiet, relaxing....”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tralee
Courtyard Irish Holiday Cottages
Ranked #2 of 16 Specialty Lodging in Tralee
Dereham, United Kingdom
“Beautiful, quiet, relaxing....”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Although I was meant to be travelling with family, I actually ended up travelling alone - so if you don't mind the quiet village life, this cottage will suit lone travellers as much as families. Myra gave me a warm welcome and showed me around the cottage. Awaiting me was some fresh scones, bottle of wine and chocolates and all the rooms had some fresh flowers.
The cottages were a perfect location, and it only took me around a 30 minute drive to get to most of the locations I had planned. (for someone who drives an hour to work everyday - that was a treat).
For those who have given negative reviews... well, I didn't visit to spend all my time in the cottage to find fault. Was everything perfect... no, but it was close. I would have no problem returning to stay whether alone or with friends.
I didn't actually use all the facilities at site, but at least they're offered!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Lisa P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Aglish, Ireland
Reviewed September 8, 2012

What a holiday - from the moment we pulled into the courtyard, it was clear that this was a hidden gem. Myra's warm welcome along with the gorgeous scones, fresh flowers and lovely wine was just the start of a great week. The complimentary pony rides were the highlight of my daughter's holiday, the tennis court and playground went down well with my son, whilst sitting out in the courtyard having coffee in the tranquil surroundings of Blennerville made myself and my wife so relaxed, we did not want to leave. The accommodation was just perfect and I feel that the so called "niggles" referred to in other comments only added to the charm and authenticity of an ideal location. It is quite obvious that Myra clearly enjoys what she does (with a little help from Derry!!!) and I would recommend this as a perfect family holiday destination for exploring the Kingdom of Kerry.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jonny H
Limerick, Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Whilst some of the mildly negative reviews have merit, when you balance the charm of the location, the genuine warmth of Myra and family and the simple fact you are in Kerry you cant help but love this place....we first stayed here in 2010 went back again last year and again this year and yes the tennis court needs resurfacing and the gutters might need attending to but a more relaxing place you will not find.....we,as a family, all love it and will be regulars for years to come.....

Room Tip: Cottage one has advantage of privacy but is smaller cottage 6 better for larger families
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Triona Ken D
Newtownabbey, Northern Ireland
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We arrived slightly early about 2pm just to make sure we knew exactly the cottages were (I had phoned Myra to check arrival times so wasn't expecting the cottage to be ready until 4pm). Our cottage wasn't ready so we headed to Fenit for a quick jaunt. It was a lovely wee fishing village, then back to the cottage. Everything was ready (I recall fresh flowers in the living room and bedrooms) and Myra had left in scones, jam and butter in the kitchen for us which we devoured immediately - yum! (The chocs and wine were left for much later). The accommodation was lovely (we stayed in the first cottage which has a patio door at the side) and big enough for the four of us (2 adults, 2 children) and the dog. We had the double room and the kids shared the twin room. Our room was next door to the bathroom and theirs had the ensuite shower and toilet. Zoe our daughter quickly made friends with a lovely Irish girl about her age so they played a great deal together and with Myra's pups. My husband and son enjoyed playing tennis when it wasn't raining and we weren't going anywhere, while I took the dog for a walk either into Blennerville (15mins walk) or another direction.

The cottage is very close to Tralee (about 5/10 mins drive) so we visited their lovely parks and were able to visit their local supermarkets. The town has lots of shops so don't worry if you haven't packed everything - there's even an Argos/Debenhams/Aldi/Tesco and names I'd never heard of.

As for places to visit our favourite outing was to Muckross Gardens in Killarney - what a beautiful place! We visited the farms which were very similar to the Ulster Folk Park in Belfast. The gardens were free and we took along our own picnic. We also managed to visit lots of lovely beaches and one sunny morning took the kids to a beach for watersports - body boarding/paddle boats/trampoline-slide/canoeing - at a cost of about 18 euro each for two hours. (Myra had suggested this venue to us) They were provided with wetsuits and all the equipment they needed. As a result of how much they enjoyed these activities they now have their own body boards and wetsuits.

In the evenings we made our own dinners - kitchen equipment was very adequate. Myra loaned us Downton Abbey DVDs which we really enjoyed, although there was also plenty to watch on the standard sky tv if we had of wanted. Alas time flew in too quickly and before we knew it time to pack up the bags and head back up the road.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Isabella4
Cork
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We stayed earlier in the year. Myra the host is just lovely and goes to a lot of effort with the flowers, chocolates, wine, scones & jam. She had all the info on walks and things to do in the area. The loft apartment is very spacious and had a great layout, huge bedroom and kitchen area, cosy living area with open fire. A nice drive to Banna beach we stopped in Spa for a lovely seafood meal. We did play a game of tennis which was great fun but the court surface way a little wonky and net was due to be replaced Myra herself said they were going to do some work on that before the summer we stayed earlier in the year. ( kids playground really needed an overhaul but I'd imagine this is all done now. ) 2nd day it rained but we were happy to snuggle up in the couch light the fire and nibble & sip for the day. My only gripe is the cold bathroom downstairs, there was a little fan heater that warmed it up somewhat after you got in there but you couldn't really leave that on & especially at night it got cold, a proper radiator would really make a difference here. I'm a little OCD about cleanliness & I did feel parts were a little grubby (bring slippers) but you get that with self catering and pastel interiors.'Shabby chic' but it wouldn't stop me staying here.

Room Tip: Loft is a great space for a couple. Cosy & romantic.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Cavan, Ireland
Reviewed June 25, 2012

This was our 3rd trip to the courtyard, and it was by far the best. We have two small children and we stayed inthe two bedroom cottage. We travelled 4 hours to get here and were all ver tired. When we arrived we were greeted by Myra,the owner. A nicer more helpful woman you couldn't meet. We got into the house and were met by fresh cut flowers in every room, candles and a lovely tray with a bottle of wine some gorgeous home made scones jam and butter. The fire bqske was full of wood and there were firelighters and matches. There was coffee tea bags and sugar and a big bag of ice why more could u ask for. The houses are beautifully laid out. If ur looking for something extra special ask for the loft very romantic for couples! There's a tennis cour and slides and swings it's, 5 minutes from Tralee and 30 from dingle, fantastic location. We bet a path to myras door with questions about things to do and help with stuff and she accommodated us every time, she couldn't do enough. The interior would remind me of sea side hampton chic! Lovely decor, I seen a previous reviewer giving out about wonky taps, as long as the water comes out sure where's the priblem. I couldn't fault the place and well be back again. Myra had a travel cot and high chair set up for us when we got there and had a folder packed with local info and things to do. We even took home one of the puppies who were no trouble at all they spent litle or no time around our house. Perfect spot for sightseeing and a great base for the whole of Kerry. We are already thinking about our next holiday there.

• Stayed June 2012
Cologne, Germany
Reviewed June 11, 2012

If you're looking for a place to stay that has both historic irish walls and modern interieur, a warm atmosphere and a wonderful host and so many things that can be done in the vicinity, this is the place to go!

We stayed there for a week, enjoyed every single day no matter whether rainy or sunny. Every time we followed Myra's tips for tours in the area we were never disappointed. You just feel the welcoming flair of that place and of the owner and that's what a holiday should be about, right?

A special tip for the ones thinking about getting engaged in a romantic place in a romantic country: do it there and do it with the help of Myra. ;)

We highly recommended the Courtyard and it's definitely a place we will return to rather sooner than later!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple